Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Here are some pics from a small CD Release Concert I did this weekend.

CLifeBand10.jpgCLifeBand7.jpgCLifeBand6.jpgCLifeBand2.jpgCLifeBand1.jpgCLifeBand13.jpgCLifeBand11.jpg

100_1500.jpgFirst is a pic of the desk setup we had during West Side Story. It's the best we could do with our limited facilities. Lighting console in foreground. We had to cut a hole in the stage wall for out balcony. It's hidden behind the Dux Honours Board. xD We also had a guy in a Wheelchair playing Shrank; he did an awesome job!

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/vicsta/100_1500.jpg

These next ones are shots from the show itself.

Tony and Riff: http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/vicsta/West Side Story 2011/IMG_1366.jpg
Dying Tony: http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/vicsta/West Side Story 2011/IMG_1488.jpg
Balcony Scene: http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/vicsta/West Side Story 2011/IMG_1269.jpg
Here Come The Jets: http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/vicsta/West Side Story 2011/IMG_1214.jpg
'Cool' Dance: http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq296/vicsta/West Side Story 2011/IMG_1318.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few pics from one of my more recent shows that I LD'd, EVITA:

proxy.php

^A New Argentina

proxy.php

^Buenos Ares

proxy.php

^Rainbow Tour

proxy.php

^More Rainbow Tour

proxy.php

^And the Money Kept Rollin' In

proxy.php

^More Money

Last edited:
Been really busy this summer, here are some pics of some of the shows I've done with our big roof.

Dance show outside of a local theater. ~120k Pars. Upstage truss of ACL's that needed to fly in and out during the show, which made cabling interesting. Rained both days of loadin, but cleared up for a great show.

Hancher & Hubbard Street Dance by wbrownLD, on Flickr

Local Orchestra played outside. ~120k of diffused white light.

"Brucemorchestra" by wbrownLD, on Flickr

More pics on my Flickr account, and more to come soon. Questions/Comments welcome :)

Grand opening at Sacramentos new Terminal B.
proxy.php

And although this was a while back, 9/11 Country in the Park
proxy.php

And even farther back, Ekin Chang concert.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Show Photos

We closed the first show of our seasons last week. The season opener was "Next to Normal." We were one of (i believe) 4-5 regional theatres that got first round rights to the show. It was, quite possibly, the best musical I have ever seen. We had an amazing cast whose voices I enjoyed much more than the original cast recording, and I heard many people who had seen the show on Broadway say that ours was better.

In any case, if this show is playing near you, I would definitely recommend that you go see it!

Here are some photos:

Another Day

Birthday

Rockstar Doctor

Didn't I see this movie

Wish I were here

As usual, I am happpy to answer questions about the show and the photos. If you want to see more, you can just lick on any of the images above to be take to the gallery.

Comments, questions, criticism is always welcome.

Re: Show Photos

We closed the first show of our seasons last week. The season opener was "Next to Normal." We were one of (i believe) 4-5 regional theatres that got first round rights to the show. It was, quite possibly, the best musical I have ever seen. We had an amazing cast whose voices I enjoyed much more than the original cast recording, and I heard many people who had seen the show on Broadway say that ours was better.

In any case, if this show is playing near you, I would definitely recommend that you go see it!

Here are some photos:

Another Day

Birthday

Rockstar Doctor

Didn't I see this movie

Wish I were here

As usual, I am happpy to answer questions about the show and the photos. If you want to see more, you can just lick on any of the images above to be take to the gallery.

Comments, questions, criticism is always welcome.

Nice work, as usual! I feel like PTC has this style of lighting, set and costuming that when i see pictures, it all feels like all the shows belongs together, yet are distinct in their own right... Perhaps having the same/similar designers time and time again helps... I wish I had money to head out to Salt Lake City to see them! Also, really interesting use of projection. Looks like it was done properly in this case!

If you want to see more, you can just lick on any of the images above to be take to the gallery.

I can't get it to work for me..... weird... :p

On a serious note though, this looks fantastic. I was fortunate to have seen both the original bway and the 1st national tour productions, and I agree that it's a fantastic show. I really wish I was able to make it out to SLC to see this.

Nice work, as usual! I feel like PTC has this style of lighting, set and costuming that when i see pictures, it all feels like all the shows belongs together, yet are distinct in their own right... Perhaps having the same/similar designers time and time again helps... I wish I had money to head out to Salt Lake City to see them! Also, really interesting use of projection. Looks like it was done properly in this case!

We do see many of the same designers from season to season, the lighting for this show was designed by Michael Gilliam. Also, there were no projections in the show. The drop is painted and there is a cyc that flew in front of it. All the drops you see in any of our shows are painted in-house, and after they are used they go into rental inventory. If you look at some of the photos back in the gallery, you might see some of the travelling scrim panels, which were also painted in-house.

I can't get it to work for me..... weird... :p

I think you have to double-lick ;)

We do see many of the same designers from season to season, the lighting for this show was designed by Michael Gilliam. Also, there were no projections in the show. The drop is painted and there is a cyc that flew in front of it. All the drops you see in any of our shows are painted in-house, and after they are used they go into rental inventory. If you look at some of the photos back in the gallery, you might see some of the travelling scrim panels, which were also painted in-house.

I think you have to double-lick ;)

Well that makes it even cooler. I figured with the interesting color work and the nice clouds, combined with not having it in the last shot it seemed projected. Very nice.

"The Wild Duck" Show Photos

Here are some photos of the last Theatre Production I designed for. It was Ibsen's "Vildanden: The Wild Duck" performed by The Compassion Theatre Company, at Shetler Studios, NY. Gearing up for "Little Shop of Horrors" next month. So, I guess I'll have pictures of that one as well.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's a pic of the jukebox we're building for Grease. I should probably wait until it's finished but it's turning out so nice I'm posting a pic mid-construction.
IMAG0170.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back