Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

proxy.php

I'm out running around with my OG touring client. R1X Spots, Colorado Solo 1 Sidelights, Nexus 4x1 uplights, megalite strobes as downs on the cyc, alumimum screen over a grey cyc and whatever the venue of the day has in house.

Production of GlennGerry Glenn Ross at Blackfriars Theatre, Rochester, NY
The Chinese restaurant is three large panels set in front of the real estate office, They roll off and hide behind the map and coat rack on SR. That wall is actually 2 4x10' doors.
ggr1.jpg ggr2.jpg ggr3.jpg ggr4.jpg

Flowers For Algernon at The Central New York Playhouse. Directed by William Edward White, Set design by Navroz M. Dabu, Scenic Artist Karen Greenfield, Lighting Design by Sarah Anson. Photo courtesy AB photography.
27750077_10210698753457984_1324307101588310493_n.jpg

Interesting design. Do you have individual led pixel control or just tube control?

Just per-tube control. Didn't have the budget for per-pixel tape, sadly.

If I did it again, I think I'd try just having one high-power LED at each end pointing into the tube. That seems much easier to get setup.

The show takes place at 'Westerberg Highschool,' which is why there are a bunch of W's. School spirit! >.>

Just curious..... What did you use for the tubes?
The cheapest thing I could find that was clear and tube-ish was these flourescent tube guards: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-of-24...-F32-46-1-16-for-48-Tube-NO-CAPS/131572326301

I sanded them and sprayed them to try to diffuse them, but you could still see the individual LEDS. Then I found that the cheap paper they use to cover exam beds in medical offices wrapped around the tube diffuses them great without killing the output (please ignore the mess behind the tube):

paper.jpg

And then to reflect more light outward/away from the band sitting behind the tubes, and to give me something to attach the LEDs to, I made a reflector of sorts out of a roll of mylar-ish stuff we have lying around:

reflector.jpg

Photo of actors practicing their bows, with act III lighting in the background for our production of The Boyfriend.

Attachments

• 20180423_122051.jpg
    20180423_122051.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 370
Blackfriars Theatre set for When We Were Young and Unafraid . I hate doing kitchens! But needs must. This one had working cabinets and running water in the sink.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0734.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 403
Hamlet at The Central New York Playhouse. Directed by Margot Reed, Scenic design by Chris Lupia and William Edward White, Lighting design by William Edward White, Video tech by myself.
Hamlet.jpg
in photo 1 the ghost is projected onto tobacco cloth via a live camera offstage. Photos by AB photography.
Hamlet 2.jpg

LD for full packed ballroom day 2. With a days worth of practice on the Hog at home with a visualizor

779FD100-584F-4B7C-BDD1-5C4499903840.jpeg
633E1D1E-4FEE-48DC-A24B-AE2422E2C952.jpeg
871C68F4-8ED7-4124-BD2F-4F76908582E0.jpeg

OK folks this is my latest show/Set build. It is for fiddler on the roof. It only cost me a few hundred dollars (AUD) mostly on paint
20180521_193539.jpg
20180310_175128.jpg
20180521_200937.jpg

The top pic is the house interior. The 6ft door opens out using some automation. the middle pic is a detail pic of the weather boards. Each one is individually painted with 4 coats of paint and the bottom pic is the fill set which spans across the stage. 15m wide 3.6m high and 2.4 off the Cyc to allow pass through and entry points
This is for the community youth theatre company that I am involved with. Hope you like my build and to keep it on the lighting theme the sconce lights are LED tape inside which flickers like a candle and in the fire place there is a wireless DMX system which is 3 strips of Tape for the fire and 4 fans to make the fire move.
Regards
Geoff

Came across an old design from 2012 I wanted to share as it was the last time I was onstage too. It's a production of It's A Wonderful Life as a radio play. My station is over SL. We did all the sounds live. You can see the wind machine, door frame, baseball glove. There were dishes, corn flakes for walking in snow, and a big tub of water with a plunger for going off the bridge. Great fun.Wonderfull2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back