Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

ACTSTech

This is the first day of tech for our little show. Can you guess what it is? This is one I built myself. The wings are controlled by radio and it will also drive around on stage. Everything is good in my world at the moment.
Stay safe
Regards
Geoff
Is that backdrop painted, projected, a star drop? I'd like to steal that off of you for a show. Nice work!

Crisp image

Is that backdrop painted, projected, a star drop? I'd like to steal that off of you for a show. Nice work!
Hi ACTSTech,
We are using projections for this show available thorough MTI I think. They provide them and they are animated. This is the first time we are using them. I did however build the car.
Regards

Geoff

MarshallPope

We opened a show last night. I did double duty as scenic designer and prop supervisor. 100 individual hanging lightbulbs, stretching most of the way out into the house, 2 trees, and close to 50 sq ft of flowerbeds.

Almost Heaven: The Songs of John Denver - The Rev Theatre Company
Director/Choreographer: Brett Smock / Music Director: Corinne Aquilina / Scenic Designer: Marshall Pope / Costume Designer: Tiffany Howard / Lighting Designer: Jose Santiago / Sound Designer: Don Hanna / Hair & Makeup Designer: Alfonso Annotto / Production Stage Manager: Emma Power / Photo credit: @ron Heerkens Jr/ Goat Factory Media

241206094_10159401594116649_6478844198280442397_n.jpeg
241660290_10159401594486649_9033709819797684780_n.jpeg
241356547_10159401594246649_8462746743481078591_n.jpeg
AH w posters wall inst.jpg

macsound

Looks amazing!
Can we see your plot or would you like to walk us through your design? I love seeing and hearing designer's process. Even a youtube video would be delightful!

My favorite parts are your different color breakups but there's some play with the eye that I can't tell if the highsides are solid lav/purple or if they have breakups.

MarshallPope

Looks amazing!
Can we see your plot or would you like to walk us through your design? I love seeing and hearing designer's process. Even a youtube video would be delightful!

My favorite parts are your different color breakups but there's some play with the eye that I can't tell if the highsides are solid lav/purple or if they have breakups.
I can really only speak to scenic and practicals, but I did look back at the plot and the high sides do have breakups in them.

Across the board, our direction was warm, enveloping homeyness with heightened elements.

dbaxter

Premium Member
I can really only speak to scenic and practicals, but I did look back at the plot and the high sides do have breakups in them.

Across the board, our direction was warm, enveloping homeyness with heightened elements.
The photographer, Ron Heerkins, is a friend, and got started doing theater pics at Blackfriars, where I am. He now does show photos for many theaters around the Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo area. His work is exceptional.

MarshallPope

The photographer, Ron Heerkins, is a friend, and got started doing theater pics at Blackfriars, where I am. He now does show photos for many theaters around the Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo area. His work is exceptional.
He's definitely one of, if not the, best theatre photographers I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread