Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Just got done with a local theaters production of Wizard of OZ. Due to miscommunication I didnt see the show until Saturday night. So I had from Saturday to Thursday to design this show. It was crazy but I am really happy with how it turned out.

If it wasn't for the bright red launtern you might believe this is in black and white.

Right as she gets to OZ

Scarecrow

In the OZ chamber. We used projection for a few scenes. The background is crazy. They played it as if OZ was in the house. So I had a handful of red source4s in the house projecting red everywhere. Then I just played with the submaster when he spoke.

We may be in the Matrix. I don't know where he found that picture, but its perfect.

This shot really makes me wish I didn't bring the masking in.

Theres no place like home!

I love this picture.

Full album: jbeyer.com - Home

I've been doing lights at new bar and here are some pictures of the shows and my rig.

proxy.php

That is my full rig, although I just bought a few more Trackspots. Pictured is 2 Trackspots, 2 Trackspot 2's 8 Colorkey LED Par64s, and 4 par38s with spot lamps. This was my first show in the space, and I had no way of hanging some pars from the front for front light so the show was too dark from the front, but i've fixed that since that show.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I use the software Light Factory with 2 wings, a playback fader wing, and a shortcut wing which is a 1to1 button wing to the shortcut page on the software. Its not a bad program as far as PC control software goes. I'd use hogpc if I could ever afford the hardware. My entire console cost about the price of just the dmx widget.

some really amazing lighting going on here!

Im not a lighting tech myself, but i thought Id share some photos from the Classic Albums Live: Pink Floyd show out theatre did. The lighting tech designed and built this massive triangle, since the album was "Darkside of the Moon". its was all track lighting, with some pars.

proxy.php

couldnt get a picture of it lit up, but it was MASSIVE. had to be my favourite lighting show ive seen at work.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Mike, I'm really surprised they would use tripods for the main speakers. Where is that?

well, those pictures are from my first show there. the second time I did a show there was for what they called a "hot body contest" well fill in the blanks and know that center stage was a stripper pole.

For that show I helped the contractor secure the pole to the ceiling and realized I could suspend lights from the ceiling. Its a ceiling steel truss I beam, so I wrapped some chain around the beam and put 2 points onto one of my crossbars with 4 par38s on it. So I do now have front light.

The bar is called Break Away Lounge, in Villa Park, if your familiar with the area its essentially at Ardmore and North Ave.

I have 2 shows this weekend there. Friday and Saturday, I'm not sure about Friday, but Saturday is a band called The 707 Band, basically an old cover band from anything from beatles to modern bands. should be fun.

The sound for that show was provided by my friend Mike Ross, who does freelance sound. That show was kind of a reunion show between Mike Ross, myself, and the promoter, because we used to work with the promoter when we were in high school, but stopped and hadn't worked with him in years.
Because the sound system wasn't part of the bar, thats why the speakers were on tripod stands.

I'll have pics from this weekend next week.
check out my website for other shows i've done.
Kellner Designs

Here is a picture from the hot body contest, taken after programming the show, not at the event...sorry...
proxy.php

Last edited:
Look I added front light finally!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The above are from Friday Nights show. It's quite amusing when these bands have never played a show with actual lighting, they were constantly amazed...good times...

Saturday Nights Show
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Guitarist on Stage Left (below) was actually the Audio Engineer that was with the band.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I'm not sure this quite counts as a show photo.... but here is my first stab at a render for an upcoming concert. It was done in VW2008 with custom settings in renderworks...

proxy.php

Here are some pics of my latest show. Epic Proportions. Small space with a tiny rig.

24 Source 4 50 Degree
8 6" Fresnel
6 Altman 360Q 6x9
2 Colortran 30 Degree
32 dimmers

Mike

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Am I the only one who cant see a lot of these photos? Do I need to enable or disable some feature of my browser?

I can't see them either, but usually can.

I had to do it that way for some reason.

Mike

Just got done with Rent (School Edition). Had alot of fun with it. Used our entire conventional rig (S4 and S4 Pars), and I was able to get 2 Mac 2k's. Programming on our Expression 3 wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

Here are two pictures. They were taken before I got the movers programmed. I hope to have more with the movers.

Both are from the song Rent.

Attachments

• 613257105_ziUKZ-M-1.jpg
    613257105_ziUKZ-M-1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 613333687_4jZZF-M.jpg
    613333687_4jZZF-M.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 300

Here are a few shots of Back to the 80's: The Musical. It was new when we did it and I came up with the design around primary colors, rubix cubes and rock and roll. the strip lights in the tunnel where salvaged from the high schools theatre, they were the RGB strips over head. They worked great for entrances from behind the set.

From another segment of the industry, this is the kind of stuff I do. Pretty basic job this time, just uplighting with LED fixtures. Photos taken while the sun was still up so they don't really do the tent justice.

Attachments

• P8297982.JPG
    P8297982.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 243
  • P8297987.JPG
    P8297987.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 247
  • P8297988.JPG
    P8297988.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 249
I am trying to get into wedding and event design len, if it pays the bills, don't knock it!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back