Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

apologies in advance for a long post, I've been meaning to do this for awhile

Jump/Cut, pretty standard lighting, also with a rear projection and two projectors firing onto the walls of the house, each feeding from a different on stage camera
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

end of show

Burning Patience, a show about Pablo Neruda and poetry/politics
proxy.php

preshow
proxy.php

proxy.php

The Winters Tale

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

revealing of the statue of hermoine

All of these were done in a tiny space, Winter's tale had over 120 fixtures and we were stressed to the max of our dimmer capacity, a couple more lights and we were going to run a snake up to our larger theatre a floor up to run off the dimmers there, but since we were already out of space we decided against that idea.

While it looks epic and Im really impressed, the tiny and near dead black knight from MP&HG religious bit in me says holy crap really!?! Of course, its also the bit that thinks monasterys are fun to visit and that middle ages cathedrals are some of the best worship spaces ever created... However, thats not a commentary on the quality of work in the slightest, more a question for the producers I guess. However, I think part of that is: When I was a kid we have the overhead and a transparency with the words and you were happy you didnt need a book! Powerpoint was a big deal when you started using that to present the lyrics in youth group, you had a kick-butt youth group! Oh how things have changed...

Don't worry, my church is turn on the wall switches for the recessed cans and turn on the sound board to mix two mics that get used one at a time.

Rap show I lit last night:
[video]http://www.livestream.com/youngjeezy[/video]

not a picture but a video of a shoot I did in june

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was scheduled to do a Minus the Bear show a couple of years ago. I was driving through VA when I got snowed in by over 3 feet of snow. This was the blizzard that took out DC's power for several days and made a mess of the entire mid east coast. I heard it was a good show, though...

While it looks epic and Im really impressed, the tiny and near dead black knight from MP&HG religious bit in me says holy crap really!?! Of course, its also the bit that thinks monasterys are fun to visit and that middle ages cathedrals are some of the best worship spaces ever created... However, thats not a commentary on the quality of work in the slightest, more a question for the producers I guess. However, I think part of that is: When I was a kid we have the overhead and a transparency with the words and you were happy you didnt need a book! Powerpoint was a big deal when you started using that to present the lyrics in youth group, you had a kick-butt youth group! Oh how things have changed...

Yeah, we do about 60% of our business doing and installing rigs light that for churches these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back