Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Sharpys! But there aren't too many clay pakys in Denmark, its mostly Martin (surprise)... I was lucky to score 6 out of a total 12 being used on the road by rental companies. It's amazing how much they are able to spread the beam when using prism and a full 3 degree zoom.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sundance Christmas Fun - YouTube

Some video of Sundance square.

Last edited by a moderator:
Under the category of "dumb things I never imagined myself doing in the real world"...

a 12' tall M made of color blazes for a girl's sweet sixteen....

proxy.php

Leapin' Lizards!

Yep, we just had photo call for our third show of the season last night. We are doing that wonderfully lovely musical with the kids and the dog. If you haven't figured it out yet, that show is "Annie."

While not quite selling as well as we had hoped for a family musical during the holiday season, it is a good show. Big, but it was fun to build and work on. So, without any further ado, what you came here looking for, the photos:

Hard Knock Life

Hooverville

I think I'm gonna like it here

NYC - 10 points to anyone who knows why all the LEDs on the buildings don't show up in the photo.

Easy Street

NBC Radio Studio

FDR's office (Tomorrow Reprise)

Finale

Yeah, it's a few more photos than I usually post, but the show is just so **** big. If you want to see more, just click the photos and they will take you to the galleries. Comments, questions and critiques are always welcome!

Leapin' Lizards!

Yep, we just had photo call for our third show of the season last night. We are doing that wonderfully lovely musical with the kids and the dog. If you haven't figured it out yet, that show is "Annie."

While not quite selling as well as we had hoped for a family musical during the holiday season, it is a good show. Big, but it was fun to build and work on. So, without any further ado, what you came here looking for, the photos:

Hard Knock Life

Hooverville

I think I'm gonna like it here

NYC - 10 points to anyone who knows why all the LEDs on the buildings don't show up in the photo.

Easy Street

NBC Radio Studio

FDR's office (Tomorrow Reprise)

Finale

Yeah, it's a few more photos than I usually post, but the show is just so **** big. If you want to see more, just click the photos and they will take you to the galleries. Comments, questions and critiques are always welcome!

I think it might just be the resolution on my screen, but your first picture makes the kids look like some of the alien changelings... All they would need is some glowing eyes. However, the show looks epic.

your first picture makes the kids look like some of the alien changelings... All they would need is some glowing eyes.

I think it's just the position of their bodies and the looks on their faces.

As much as I despise that show... there isn't much better than a well executed NYC Number....

As much as I despise that show... there isn't much better than a well executed NYC Number....

Agreed. Certainly one of (if not the) best numbers in the show. Ironically, at least one of the reviewers said that she tought NYC was one of the worst numbers and had no place in the show... She was glad it was cut from the movie.

Conjecture #1: The shutter speed of the camera is faster than duty cycle of LEDs so the LEDs were photographed when off.
Conjecture #2: The colour of the LEDs is exactly the wrong colour for the colour receptors of the CCD.

10 points to anyone who knows why all the LEDs on the buildings don't show up in the photo.

Is it because the LEDs are such a small point source and the apeture setting to keep the front of scene in focus leaves the LEDs out?

I always looking forwards to seeing your pictures, they come out so nice and capture the set and lighting extremely well, which are marvels of themselves.

Is it because the LEDs are such a small point source and the apeture setting to keep the front of scene in focus leaves the LEDs out?

I always looking forwards to seeing your pictures, they come out so nice and capture the set and lighting extremely well, which are marvels of themselves.

If I ever get out there I need to stop by. PTC seems to produce some excellent material.

Conjecture #1: The shutter speed of the camera is faster than duty cycle of LEDs so the LEDs were photographed when off.
Conjecture #2: The colour of the LEDs is exactly the wrong colour for the colour receptors of the CCD.

So, the LEDs are controlled with PWM dimmers, so, with a fast enough shutter speed you can actually capture the LEDs switching. On a longer exposure you see them all because they just get cpatured while they are on. in one of the images you can even see that the shutter travel is vertical as you can see the fade in the LEDs.

If I ever get out there I need to stop by. PTC seems to produce some excellent material.

Well, if you ever make it out here, just give a holler!

Hey CB,

I've been really bad with the whole "having photos" thing after each gig lately, and really busy. However, I had the time recently to go through an album from one of last year's shows, and I figured I might as well share them.

The photos are from last year's David Kane / Pyromancy Concert in Sanborn, NY.

4 Studio Command 575s | 12 Intellabeams | 8 Colorblasts | 1 really big HD projector | Many conventionals...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Any feedback is welcome.

Hey Guys,

Here's two snapshots from Buffalo's 2012 Balldrop. We put on the 2nd largest New Years production in the country...according to news sources. That could very well be wrong though.

BD1.jpg

The ball dropped from the Electric Tower. We had a stage in front with a very large "clock" lighting fixture (fabricated at Indigo's warehouses). Everything excepting the fireworks was controlled by our old(ish) Maxim console / Brand new Applied Electronics.

BD2.jpg

Here's a roof shot of 9am, the calm before the storm I guess.

Hope there was a lot of great lighting last night, everywhere. And, HAPPY NEW YEARS CONTROL BOOTH!

Attachments

• 402174_2732206678232_1649225320_2482636_756681474_n.jpg
    402174_2732206678232_1649225320_2482636_756681474_n.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 291
Here are some shots of a youth camp I did back in the summer. I've dabbled a little with lighting in the past but this was my first real lighting rig I had to design with. The short story is, I had a LD that was going to volunteer for the week then he backed out at the last minute and I had to then take care of audio and lighting. In the end it worked out really well though.

Rig consisted of
6 - Opti Tri Pars
4 - Prism Projection Reveal CW
8 - Chroma Q Color Splits
6 - Elation Power Spot 250s
2 - Robe Color Spot 575
2 - Robe Color Wash 250
4 - Clay Paky Alpha Wash 300 (behind wall)
DSC_0363.JPGDSC_0420.JPGDSC_0036.JPGDSC_0037.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back