Hey, I thought we could share pictures of our shows...

Re: Hey i thought we could share pic of our shows

yeah.. theres this technique we like to use at my school that involves a broom and a mop. ;)

we wet and dry mop our stage almost everyday and have never got it shiny... does it not play havoc with your lx?

nope, its actually not really that shiny in person, it just appears that way in the pictures for some reason.

Here's a photo from one of my recent grad school designs. The show is Amadeus. Those are people in the upstage Lightbox, not projections or paintings.

Last edited:

Here's a photo from one of my recent grad school designs. The show is Amadeus. Those are people in the upstage Lightbox, not projections or paintings.

Eons better than my attempt... :oops:

Really like the lightbox--are those mr16's up top, and then just a really strong light behind to make the silhouette?

The box lighting has white muslin backing, 2 R40 strips on top, then another layer of muslin for diffusion, and then actors. I couldn't put anything on the floor or upstage wall because there was a doorway that was used to enter the box on the upstage center wall. The top frames are custom gobos from an Mozart silhouette I found online.

So the R40's are the only source of light in the box? (Sorry, I'm still a bit confused, and it's a fabulous look)

Correct, the only light in the box is from 2 R40 strips side by side. They're hung from the ceiling pointing down.
Here's a similar shot without lighting the box. The front screen was painted lightweight muslin, to match the other hanging frames.

Another show: Translations. This is when I learned for sure, if you want to audience to ignore something, they will.

Here's a normal shot.

Righto folks, here it is, show number five from our season, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" complete with fairy balls! Here a a couple shots below, for the complete collection visit my website!

proxy.php

Puck's Final Pose

proxy.php

Fairy Balls!

proxy.php

The Wedding

proxy.php

The Chase

Check them out, and see more! Enjoy.

Very nice. What did you end up using for the fairy balls?

oh the fairy balls we ended up buying some LED flashing globes, cutting the guts out, and gluing a couple of 7V lamps and 2 9V batteries on the bottom, where the batteries went before they guts got removed. I got to find out that I'm not very good at soldering but REALLY good at burning myself with hot glue. They look good if you ask me so I'm happy with the end product. Now if there wasn't so much g** d*** glitter in the show it'd be perfect.

Looks very nice. I've been trying to head up to your theatre to see a show, but scheduling has always gotten in the way. I'm still mad that I missed your Les Mis.

Looks very nice. I've been trying to head up to your theatre to see a show, but scheduling has always gotten in the way. I'm still mad that I missed your Les Mis.
Well, if you ever make it up here, let me know and I will make sure you get a tour.

Nice ass, nice balls, and nice moon!:rolleyes:

Nice ass, nice balls, and nice moon!:rolleyes:
I will never forget our first production meeting for this show ;) it was then that we realized just how vulgar this production would be. In the words of the director "We've got fairy balls, a broom that ejaculates twice, lilies that shoot up through tubes in the floor, an ass, and people getting hit in the nuts."

If you ever want to get roaring laughs from an audience, just have guys get hit in the balls... It works every time, even with the lame audiences, seems to never get old or stop being funny.

It has been a great run so far, we have pelted audience members with lily heads and flying "gore" from Pyramus' costume. We have had adventures with dry ice, and some very interesting actor glitches. A new adventure every day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back