The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Hey there...

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by JackMVHS, Feb 7, 2009.

1. JackMVHS

JackMVHS Member

I have been searching and lurking on the ControlBooth site for a while now, gaining plenty of knowledge along the way, and thought it was time for me to introduce myself.

[​IMG]

My name is Jack and I go to Mounds View High School in Arden Hills, Minnesota. I have not been in theatre long, but long enough to love it and to have learned a ton. I am a sophomore, but am already in charge of almost everything crew later, next year I will be the one in charge.

I know how to do the basics of almost everything in theatre, but I have taken a particular interest in lighting. Before I came along our schools plays consisted of lights on and lights off. We have just started introducing gels, gobos, and lighting only needed parts of the stage. I hope to further this greatly, but need help from you guys.

[​IMG]
    Kokonut High

As a freshman I was a part of "Kokonut High" and "Singin' in the Rain" (This was first with gels). I ran sound FX in Kokonut High and was a "backstage tech manager" as I called myself in Singin in the Rain (I performed random tech things backstage).

[​IMG]
    You Can't Take it With You

This fall I was light board OP for "You Can't Take it With You". We hired a technical advisor for this play and I learned a ton about lighting.

Our school only puts on 2 plays a year, comedy in fall and a musical in the spring, and we like to put a lot of time and energy into them to make them as good as possible. Therefore I will be asking for help frequently this spring as I am designing and running lights for "Beauty and the Beast". I am very excited about this experience and am excited to learn from the best of you!

~Thanks,
    Jack
    Mounds View High School
    Arden Hills, MN

PS If anyone needs to make a simple rain mechanism, email or pm me.

2. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Performing Arts Center Manager
    Welcome Jack. Great introduction. We appreciate the pictures, as we can be a nosy bunch. Glad to have you here.

~Dave

JackMVHS and (deleted member) like this.
  3. JackMVHS

JackMVHS Member

Thanks, I'm glad you took the time to read and reply to my little intro there!