Hey

Edrick

Premium Member
Hey well I'm new here clearly :)

My names Ricky and I'm the Technical Director for our Tech Group.

I'm still in High School (Senior Year) and I'm going to college next year to Wentworth for Computer Network & Information Systems. Which although not related to this field but I cover a broad range of things. I own my own company where I do Networking, PC Repair, Mac Repair, Cable Installation, Network Installation, Video Editing, and Technical Work for theater.

We're in a brand new state of the art facility as our highschool was just built 70+ Million dollars. I'll put up some pictures of our setup in the next few days so you can all check it out. While in boston studying my major I plan to work at theaters there to get more experience as that's what I intend on going into.

I was asked by our Music Director last year (first year at the local highschool in the old building) to put together and direct a group of students to run our new theater, as I operated the sound board in our 'gheto' theater at the time. So I train and direct a group of 5 people which most of the stuff I've learned is self taught and from a limited 2 hour training session with the sound company when they first opened the school.

It's been a battle for me and my crew to get everything up and going as it's a Public School so pretty much we were just given the theater and told to get it working. But that in it's self is another story :p

Some general info,

8 Wireless Lav Shure Mics
2 Wireless Handheld Shure Mics
32 Channel Soundcraft GB4 Soundboard

Innovator 600 Series Lighting Console
144 Channels Active
i96 Series Dimming Rack System
WYSIWYG System

Last edited:
Looks like a nice system that you've got there! I'd love to see pics. However much of a bad rap it gets, that Innovator console is a really nice deal. Looks like you got a whole lot of everything! And a GB4 and all sorts of other toys.

Oh, by the way, Welcome to Controlbooth!

I have a short video here of when we were messing with the lighting last week. we had just spent 6 hours gelling all the instruments the day before. well atleast all the onstage instruments now we're doing the catwalk.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XlZDOSmNVdQ

We've changed the booth around as we finally got them to drill holes in our table so we've swapped the sound board / light board around.

Welcome aboard.

Grr. You people with an actual performance space...

Welcome to Control Booth. I'll have to take a look at your video when I get home. Here at the HS that I work at they block everyone from youtube!!

Again, welcome & please ask and answer questions!

Dennis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back