hey'all!

hey the criss and im a female lighting engineer and rookie sound engineer from melbourne, australia
only started to do sound recently but ive been doing lighting for a while only starting to do it seriously recently
anyone who wants to give any advice feel free:p

Welcome to Controlbooth,

Another aussie eh noice,

On the issue of whether to do sound or light i have this perspective, get experience where ever you can no matter to job, even a stage hand position can help you. apart from that there is no such thing as a stupid question inless we already answered it and use the wiki if you come across a term you don't understand

DMX
Camloc

also on the issue of archives don't look to far back on me because you might find pictures of me ehehehe

Sorry about the poor welcoming party, we normally manage to get more members welcoming new members, *looks at gafftaper*

not even any australian jokes gaff?

hey the criss and im a female lighting engineer and rookie sound engineer from melbourne, australia
only started to do sound recently but ive been doing lighting for a while only starting to do it seriously recently
anyone who wants to give any advice feel free:p

Greetings and Salutations!

Sorry about the poor welcoming party, we normally manage to get more members welcoming new members, *looks at gafftaper*

not even any australian jokes gaff?

Some of us get busy Hughesie its not all pie in the sky like it is for you folks down there in Alabama.

yeah thnxs anyway at least u responded anyway and hughesie is just wondering why the welcome party has arrived
he will be busy like u guys next year when he will be busy with jobs;)

down there in Alabama.

i thought i was in Alaska, humm

Yeah welcome to controlbooth sadly it appears that everyone is super busy with work:rolleyes: or lives:lol:

don't be disapointed by the poor welcome stick around and ask questions and learn, i hear you operate a ultra light grand ma. that must be fun:mrgreen:

Well, i am out of town working at a summer camp all summer, and I just sent my computer out to be fixed because the optical drive died, but I can still say hi and welcome to the booth. We have a wealth of knowledge sitting here in cyberspace, and we have even more waiting to posted! So ask any question that you might have, and offer up any answers, comments and suggestions. Make friends with the search feature, but even though we may grumble and make fun of you we will answer any question even if it has been asked 500 times.

Welcome!

Welcome to the Booth. Sorry to be late with the welcome party... I've been spending some time with my family camping in the woods instead of here for a change. Watch out for Hughesie he's part Bandicoot.

As for your question, I take it you are in high school. If yes it's way too early to specialize. This is your best chance to experience all aspects of tech theater so try a little carpentry, sound, lighting, stage management, running crew, props, costumes... it's important to get an idea of how all those jobs work even if they aren't a good fit for you.

What did you do to your computer?
Alex spilled his coffee into that "retractable cup holder thingy" on the front.

Welcome Aboard Criss. Yeah, it's Summer vacation time here. You just happened to catch us when most of the regular welcome wagon folks were out of touch < with their computers not reality, we're never really in touch with that.> Pay no attention to Gaff, Hughsie is not part bandicoot, I'm convinced he's a trained wombat.

Yeah criss knows me fairly well actually, she is another tech at my school and also my girlfriend so im pretty sure she knows im not any type of creature.

eheheheheh

Yeah criss knows me fairly well actually, she is another tech at my school and also my girlfriend so im pretty sure she knows im not any type of creature.

Oh yeah well I'm dating a supermodel... in fact I'm dating TWO supermodels... they are also twins... yeah and they give me lots of money every day because they love me so much.

... You're starting to sound more like Charc every day and Criss (Note it's best to capitalize the first letter of your fictional Girlfriend's name) is no doubt a Bilby.

As for your question, I take it you are in high school. If yes it's way too early to specialize. This is your best chance to experience all aspects of tech theater so try a little carpentry, sound, lighting, stage management, running crew, props, costumes... it's important to get an idea of how all those jobs work even if they aren't a good fit for you.

hey sorry for the long reply ive been constantly hounded at the venue im working at to be there like 24/7 but it ok:cool:
yeah as for the responce to qoute up there i have tried most of them, i stage managed for a middle school musical but got annoyed at telling ppl to keep quiet, im attempting sound atm cause hughesie IS my boyfriend and we do go to the same school and have been going out for the last month and a half so i am not fictional:eek:
anyway back to wot i was saying
since ma school is known for their musicals, i might try carpentry, costumes is alright but i couldnt stand sowing all day, im a alergic to make up so there is no point in me doing it and i have done most stuff so im not just sticking to lighting cause i do do my fare share of lighting AND sound:grin:
so there
me very generalised;)

Just in general remember that the later years of college are when you should specialize. If you put yourself into one area right now you may miss out on a lot of good things so try to be open as much as possible.

I noticed you didn't deny being a Bilby, so I'll take that as a confirmation of my theory. I have developed a highly scientific theory that there are only 36 humans in Australia, (one of whom is CB member "Logos") the rest of you are all Marsupials pretending to be human.

yeah im a kangaroo in disguise WOOPPPIE:D

Proof at last! Is this a relative of yours?
proxy.php

Just in general remember that the later years of college are when you should specialize. If you put yourself into one area right now you may miss out on a lot of good things so try to be open as much as possible.

I noticed you didn't deny being a Bilby, so I'll take that as a confirmation of my theory. I have developed a highly scientific theory that there are only 36 humans in Australia, (one of whom is CB member "Logos") the rest of you are all Marsupials pretending to be human.

She also didn't deny being his GF.....so Hughsie is dating a Bilby....interesting...very interesting.

proxy.php

She isn't a kangoo, or whatever you call that let down of Australian roos, kangaroo jack *shivers* and she isn't a bilby either, sorry to disappoint you.

And besides how could i wear my party teen glasses without a proper nose :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back