Heyy there!

zehink

hey guys I'm Zech, or zehink as I've come to acquire as my online handle

I'm a big sound nerd out there in a world where most of the places I go to have horrible sound design/setup/control op, etc..

I'm the intern over at my local church directing much of the technical stuff and taking care of a lot of the logistical mayhem seeing as we are a portable church meeting in a movie theater (loads of fun when I am the only person there setting up much of the stuff for the entire church cause nobody wants to help midnight the night before) It's a lot of fun and I often find myself trying to find whatever I can't research and figure out myself online weather it being on message boards or articles around the web.

Been looking for a forum where I can actually get some answers for some of my questions from several different viewpoints, and since sound is my main thing, but I have to work with everything wherever I go, I really can use help/advice from somewhere else besides the wrong ideas in my head (some of the time.) and all this without losing a sense of humanity and bringing together community in some form, lol. Seems to me after lurking around here the last couple of days that this may be the answer to a lot of what I'm looking for.

One of the most interesting threads I've seen here was http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/sound/949-job-title-sound-person.html that intrigued me to join the boards actively.

Can't wait to see how things are going to happen around here!:grin:

Welcome to CB! Hopefully we can answer any questions you have, and you can answer some that others have. We have quite the collection of member from students to pros and no one minds when you pick our collective brains. If you have any photos or a website of things that you have worked on, we love to see that stuff. Otherwise, have fun and enjoy CB!

oh I'm definitely here to pick brains, but also wana be picked myself, I have only been working with sound for one year, but have quickly fell in love with it, and have been studying it every waking moment practically always trying to get better results.
Its become quite a passion for me:grin:

Woo Hoo! Another passionate person. It's great.

Welcome, it's good you have you here. There will be much brain-picking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back