Hi all, from Rhode Island

andyw3

Re: Access Denies

Alright, here we go, Title: Hi all, from Rhode Island
Hi everyone,
Ijust registered and thought I'd say hello.
I'm a high school junior and have been a techie at my small theater department for the past three years here in Rhode Island. Wehave a modest 700-seat auditorium with a 60-dimmer system (only about 58-56work now, though, last time I checked), a Mackie SR-32 sound board, an ETC express light board, and a really sketchy malnurtured rigging system. As a techie I mainly do lights, but due to some recent events our sound guy had to leave so I assumed that position as well (whichI can at least kind of do, but he also did rigging, which I know jack squatabout), and that's the main reason I joined here.
While I have been doing tech for 3 years, at my theater, tech is more "learn-as-you-go-along," so I was never really taught all the fancy terms (although I know the majority of the basics... I hope), so please excuse my n00bishness around the forum. :grin:

Anyway, I'm hoping I can use this apparently awesome website to learn more and more of the complexities of technical theater, and not fail miserably at it at the same time.

Thanks!
Andy

Last edited:
Welcome Andy! Good to have you here. There is a lot of great info here. Just let us know how we can help you. Enjoy!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back