Hi Everybody

Well, I hate to say it, [user]KillerRodent[/user], but your black box sounds better than [user]Gafftaper[/user]'s black box, brand new, and in a community college. He has no, usable, houselights either.:twisted:

The EDI Scrimmer is NOT ancient, I last used one just in 1991! Should be serviceable to you for many years to come. How many electronic things do you or your parents have that were built in 1990 that still function?

I may have one of those, anyone have a manual? I'm in need of some replacement parts, and a new dimmer module. Really the space should just get an LP-612 and a couple dimmer packs. Actually, %!#@ I'll just clean that space up myself. First order of business: rep-plot, see about replacement parts/gear, re-label everything. Anyone have any good labeling solutions? Pictures to come.

I ran a show off an LP-612 a few weeks back. I hate the feel of the controls. It all feels plasticy and crappy. I much prefer the EDI board we have in the black box.

The main problem with our scrimmer is that the internal fan has died. We bolted a box fan on, but it isn't a good permanent solution. Supposedly the school district is going to buy us new dimmers because the current system is a fire hazard (but I don't expect to see them in my lifetime.)

Charcoaldabs: Anyone have a manual? Did you try this site. We say it all the time, "Use the search, Luke." I know the page has ScrimmerII dimmers but not the Scrimmer model. Those are the same ones used in 1975 on A Chorus Line on Broadway starting in 1975. If that's what you need, I bet STEVETERRY has a manual, but also could repair them with his eyes closed and at least one arm tied behind his back!:)

deadlygopher: Supposedly the school district is going to buy us new dimmers because the current system is a fire hazard (but I don't expect to see them in my lifetime.) Most likely not until you are in college!:(

...It is built inside a little "touring case". The dimmers have a similar "built into little touring case" thing going on, but the dimmers ain't so little! ...
I suppose you've never noticed that the "little touring case" cover/console, fits onto the "big touring case" dimmers, and you used to have another "little touring case" cover (without a console) for the other side. Hint: put the control cable in the side without the console, so as not to damage the potentiometers on the console.

Whaddya know, 12x2.4Kw (or 3.6Kw) dimmers, control, and cable, all in one easy-to-travel package that fits in a 1975 Ford Country Esquire simulated wood-paneled station wagon, perfect for doing that show at the polo grounds. Lighting fixtures, load cables, and feeder sold separately.

Have you tried moving dimmer module#11/12 into slot #9/10 to see if the problem moves with the module or is in the pack? I bet it's the module, and that your SCRs, possibly Triacs, have "gated open." Contact your favorite local lighting shop. Even if they don't carry EDI, they will be able to repair the dimmer modules, most likely at a cost greater than the entire system is worth. Even though it's only about $20 worth of parts.

If you are not qualified, DO NOT touch it. Electricity kills.

Hire a qualified professional, each and every time.

Greetings Gopher. Don't be afraid, I prefer roasting small cute animals that are [-]endangered[/-] uhh... difficult to acquire. Welcome to the booth. We've got a couple members in the Portland area and I'm just up the road in Seattle. It's a great community have fun and be careful or you might just learn something.

Cut lunch Eugene isn't timber country it's Hippie Country!

...cutlunch Eugene isn't timber country it's Hippie Country!
From the cited site:

Service Dogs
We welcome service dogs. Please have your dog wear a service vest so our security folks know the dog is permitted on the property. You can also pick up a laminate for the dog to identify him or her as a service dog from the 4A Crew. Please visit them at the 4A Booth at the Dragon's Head at the Fair entrance. It is not required that the dog have identification, but you and the dog will have a much better time if we can clearly see this is a service dog and no intervention is required.

A dog with a laminate? Will Charc's cat need a backstage pass also?

Everyone loves the OCF. Hopefully I can get on sound crew at some point!

You just want to see all the naked hairy women. ;)

I never done more than stop for gas in Eugene and keep moving as fast as possible... People were really mean... perhaps it's my purple and gold bumper stickers. :mad:

I have a hippie friend who loves the area and has had a plan for years to move to the woods near the OCF and live in a yurt.

I never done more than stop for gas in Eugene and keep moving as fast as possible... People were really mean...

That's odd. Eugenians as a whole are rather friendly. Sometimes they get mad when you get gas on rainy days though. (Oregon's no DIY pumping law sucks sometimes)

That's odd. Eugenians as a whole are rather friendly. Sometimes they get mad when you get gas on rainy days though. (Oregon's no DIY pumping law sucks sometimes)

Sorry, I'm a master of subtle expression in the real world but not on the internet...

Being a Husky, I was referring to your Duck infestation. For a mild mannered Hippie town, you've got some of the nastiest sports fans in America... and those NUCLEAR YELLOW uniforms! Do you know what they do to my TV?

As for the forced service at the gas pump, it's one of the more bizarre things I've ever seen when traveling the U.S. I believe you are the only state where pumping gas is considered too dangerous for a common person to do. No you must be a highly trained high school student making minimum wage to handle this dangerous task. It's amazing that the gas station attendants have such a powerful lobby that they are able to keep that law on the books.

I was referring to your Duck infestation.

UO sports irritate me. I try to ignore them. The basketball stadium is 4 blocks from my house, and they have no parking for the stadium. If I go out during a game, I often have to park 5-10 blocks away.

I personally don't have a problem with Huskies considering I'm looking very seriously at UW.

...I believe you [Oregon] are the only state where pumping gas is considered too dangerous for a common person to do...
New Jersey also. I know that because it made the news, when, on an episode of The Sopranos, Christopher is seen pumping his own gas, on the NJ Turnpike. Slow news day in Las Vegas.

UO sports irritate me. I try to ignore them. The basketball stadium is 4 blocks from my house, and they have no parking for the stadium. If I go out during a game, I often have to park 5-10 blocks away.
I personally don't have a problem with Huskies considering I'm looking very seriously at UW.

UW has a nice variety of theaters on campus to work in. I've got two degrees from there although neither is in theater. I do sort of casually know a couple of the people who work on staff there and they seem really nice and well qualified.
The campus and University District are great for the over all student experience.

Sorry for comming to the party so late, but at least I made it, crazy schedule this year. I think we've met Mr Deadlygopher. I may be thinking of someone else though.
I know a guy who works on the fire crew for the bathouse at OCF, the kids quite a peice of work, He works for me when he's in town. This last year he worked for me then left town to go work electrics for Burning Man, then went to OCF for a week, came back worked in the shop for a month and a half then headed down to San Francisco where he hopped on the Lynx where he crews, and takes tourist up and down the coast. Oh and last summer he spent three months sailing a tall ship between Seattle and Hawaii. Yeah he's young talented, works cool jobs he's good looking and nice. I want to kill him. :twisted:

Anyway, Welcome Aboard. I'm just a mere three hours away if you every need anything.

As for the forced service at the gas pump, it's one of the more bizarre things I've ever seen when traveling the U.S. I believe you are the only state where pumping gas is considered too dangerous for a common person to do. No you must be a highly trained high school student making minimum wage to handle this dangerous task. It's amazing that the gas station attendants have such a powerful lobby that they are able to keep that law on the books.
It's actually a fire safety law, Can you believe it ?
There really isn't a gas pumpers lobby, it's the Gas companies themselves, it's great profit strategy; Keep the no self serve law on the books, under staff the pumps by employing only one guy at a time, figure out the profit margin needed to pay him a working salary, Jack the gas prices accordingly to cover the cost of said salary, pay the guy a quarter of that salary, fire him before he qualifies for unemployment. It's a beautiful thing. Ah Capitalism. :rolleyes: And Y'all thought all the Left wing nutjobs were in Eugene.

Or maybe I'm thinking of your Instructor ? I might have misread your post.
My former Master Carp. Had an old college instructor who was teaching in Eugene, I thought, Then again I might be Crazy. < No fair Gaff, it's way too easy.>

And I'm too tired. I think Gaff has a lot of toys too play with at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back