Hi from Ocean City, New Jersey

rockdude

I'm a keyboard player in NJ's premier 80's band Ridgemont High. I'm very interested in stage lighting. Over the years I've dabbled in par can lighting but have now graduated to DMX. I have many questions. When I have more time I will fire away.

Welcome to the Booth DUDE! I love your band name! Having spent the mid 80's in high school, I love to mess with my students at the college by forcing them to listen to my 80's music while we are working.

Get to know the search function, there are years of great information on DMX piled up around here. Don't be afraid to reply to an old post for further clarification.

There is some good basic information on DMX on Dr. DMX's website in the Primer. Although our own CB wiki has a good post on it too. While one of my friends here has issues with it... and particularly the author. I really like the book "Practical DMX", it's an exellent look at control systems before DMX, with DMX, and the into the future. It's also easy to read and even has a sense of humor... which I never expected. It's pricy and not for experts... but great for beginners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back