Hi, I'm new too!

I've posted a little already but I'm new too. I've been at this for about a year. I'm currently struggling but determined to get back where I was. I'm also involved in Community Theater. I'm always willing to learn and do more. I've been a carp, had some light work and also been on a catwalk. I'm hoping to do a lot more. I love working shows!

I also ride horses, barrel racing to be exact.

Thanks, I definitely will keep learning. I was taken off the call list but I am working on getting back on so I can learn more. I've also worked with dogs, been a kennel assistant, groomer, bather, etc. Thought I might want to be a groomer but then got hooked on this. This is my niche if the rodeo thing doesn't work out. mstaylor, what do you do at the rodeos?

Last edited:
Run the sound and supervise the followspot and camera ops. I also fork all the equipment during load-in and loadout. Finally I supervise the dirt going in and out of the building. Monday we releveled the dirt and expanded it to cover the floor area where we had the lower risers out for rodeo. This week-end we are doing three monster truck shows. Tomorrow I will build the ramps for the trucks. Although not a normal job for a stagehand, I have become a pretty good equipment operator. During the monster trucks I will run two different skid loaders, a tractor, a rubber tire loader, two different forks and a vibrator roller.

Run the sound and supervise the followspot and camera ops. I also fork all the equipment during load-in and loadout. Finally I supervise the dirt going in and out of the building. Monday we releveled the dirt and expanded it to cover the floor area where we had the lower risers out for rodeo. This week-end we are doing three monster truck shows. Tomorrow I will build the ramps for the trucks. Although not a normal job for a stagehand, I have become a pretty good equipment operator. During the monster trucks I will run two different skid loaders, a tractor, a rubber tire loader, two different forks and a vibrator roller.
Wowza!! I haven't ran much equipment but I have been a genie pusher. LOL We have a skidsteer on the ranch we use to feed horses but I don't even know how to run that. What types of rodeos do you work? Pro, amateur?

Pro rodeos. This week it's Ringling Brothers. After that I have Grease then the first 3D ESPN TV shoot.

Welcome to the ControlBooth stagehand1983-

Are you located in Gillette, Wyoming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back