HI NAMES MIKE

Smurphy

Hi My names Mike from america lol and i have been a techie for 2 years now.
I am an senior in high school. My favorite board is the sound board but am fluent with both boards since i have asperations on becoming a Technical Director. I love the field its therapy i walk into a theater and feel so relaxed in fact i spent my lunch today just cleaning the shop which is still a reck theres so much lol.:!: :grin: Im so glad to have found a place were people share my love of tech because even though i work with other theater geeks, they dont understand me, im like grab a parnel a what?

Hi and welcome to the booth!! Ignore the crazy people asking their random questions that should be coming along soon.

Hi Mike! Welcome to the booth. Ask a lot, answer a lot. Before starting a new thread asking a question, use the "search" function to see if it's been asked before. Tell us more about what you've done in the past, and what you'd like to do in the future. Are you planning to attend college next year? If so, which one?

I'm also the board's resident Grammarian/nit-picker. I DO hope you'll get your keyboard's <apostrophe>, <shift>, and <comma> keys repaired soon--they don't seem to be working properly.;) Also, there's a collaborative article titled "Spelling" here, but it doesn't include such words as "asperations" and "reck."

Van is our resident professional TD, maybe he'll give you some career pointers if you ask nicely.

Last edited:
Aw c'mon guys, he wants to be a TD. He doesn't have time for little things like punctuatuion! :mrgreen:

Just ribbing Mike, Welcome Aboard! As Derek said, Ask a lot and answer a lot.

Aw c'mon guys, he wants to be a TD. He doesn't have time for little things like punctuatuion! :mrgreen:
Just ribbing Mike, Welcome Aboard! As Derek said, Ask a lot and answer a lot.
But being a TD is about communication. Gotta be able to commune clearly.

Welcome aboard. We hope you stay!

Hey Mike, Welcome to the Booth. The punctuation police will be leaving the room soon. We don't mean to beat you up in your welcome thread, but they are right that if you want to be a T.D. clear communication is critical (So building your vocabulary, working on your spelling and punctuation are all important). On the other hand, let me encourage you by telling you I have a reading disorder that makes spelling and reading very difficult for me. I also have a masters degree and teaching certification. Trust me, you can do anything you set your mind to.

Welcome, use the search function there are vast quantities of information in the archives waiting for you. And many experts near by to answer your questions if you get stuck.

welcome to the booth, as all the others said ask questions like why we habe a passion for cooking small animals like pengins and wombats
and everyone has a specialty so im sure you find yourself answering questions that others pose, or just spend your life welcoming members like i seem to be doing currently :)

welcome to the booth, as all the others said ask questions like why we habe a passion for cooking small animals like pengins and wombats

See Mike, they say American schools are behind but apparently the Australians need to learn to spell too. :twisted:

Wow, I am glad that as a Technical Director hard skin is a must. Because I have never been so berated in a welcome. I apologize for my spelling and grammer, I realize it is bad.:oops: Though I was very excited to have finaly found a place were people share my aspirations, I now feel like I am very unwelcome, and a baby among titans.:(

Last edited:
You shouldn't feel like that Mike. Everyone has something to offer to the Booth and I'm certainly no titan. I gasp along in the wake of some of these guys hoping I'll understand one tenth of what they say.
The spelling thing is important however and the Booth I have to say is not very comfortable with Text speak. Don't however take it as a personal attack I'm positive Derek didn't mean it that way. (You can yell at me later Derek if you did.)
Don't leave mate, we really do like you.
You need to watch out for avkid and Hughesie though they have set up some kind of alliance that bothers me.

Wow, I am glad that as a Technical Director hard skin is a must. Because I have never been so berated in a welcome. I apologize for my spelling and grammer, I realize it is bad:oops:. Though I was very excited to have finaly found a place were people share my aspirations I now feel like I am very unwelcome, and a baby among titans:(.
No worries Mike. Some of us do most of our posting late ant night when we are tired and sometimes we get snippy. Especially when we are teching shows and whatnot. We certainly don't want to scare you away, and we didn't mean to berate you. We actually are a friendly bunch, and I think sometimes we forget that new people don't know us yet. I am sure once you get to know us you will understand some of our crazyness!

So, please don't leave us, I hope that I can speak for most of us and apologize for our first impressions. There are a lot of people here with lots of knowledge and they are here because they want to share with people like you. So ask lots of questions and offer up answers and I am sure that you will find your place here!

Mike, please please please please don't leave! We want you here! Believe me, I knew jack-**** when I first registered on this board...I couldn't have told you a Source 4 from a Fresnel, and things like DMX dimmer addresses, what was that? Seriously. I'm sorry if we upset you with our initial posts....nothing could have been farther from out intent. This board has been one of my best resources. What with answer my questions in minutes, willingness to engage in long debates, and even entertaining my musings over vintage equipment. Please, stay and learn with us. We are do not consider ourselves titans, we just love what we do.

Mike! Hey if it weren't for the spell check on my google toolbar........
I was afraid you'd think everyone was piling on, I think you should know we ride each other pretty hard all the time, but it's all in good fun. Mostly.
Unlike Logos, however, I am a Titan.

<in my own mind anyway>:rolleyes:

Van, I thought you were a viking?

I'm a Chameleon. I'm thinking of trying to sell car insurance next.

:mrgreen:

You two need your own special board.

So you sit around all day eating flies. That tells me something. I'm not sure what.
Yeah, But the ladies love me.
:twisted:

<I have no Idea what that means>:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back