Hi! This place is GREAT!

DavidJones

I just wanted to say hello. I just joined up, though I have been a lurker for years. I travel a LOT, mostly doing lighting but over the years I have done my share of audio, rigging and even dabbling in carpentry.

I just wanted to say hello. I just joined up, though I have been a lurker for years. I travel a LOT, mostly doing lighting but over the years I have done my share of audio, rigging and even dabbling in carpentry.
Welcome aboard @DavidJones. Many of us travel / tour for our livings while others of us get bored and move along from steady gigs to 'new opportunities'. Some of our resumes read like we couldn't hold a job anywhere. As one of our regular poster's 'sig line reads' I've quit better places than this. One of the perks you MAY find here is the ability to swap posts directly with a number of various manufacturer's top personnel. As with most such sites, you may want to invest a little time learning who you're debating with before you dive in the deep end. As an example: Occasionally someone will come off looking a little wet behind their ears if/when they begin debating proper syntax with ETC's expert on the subject without realizing who they're swapping posts with or how many years Ms. Valentino's been honing her skills. Some of us here have even "dabbled" in costume design / fabrication and / scenic painting. Not myself of course. I wouldn't know the handle end of a brush from the bristles but we definitely have our share of genuine experts to learn from. Again, welcome aboard.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Welcome. I appreciate your reasoned posts in the dimmer feeder thread.

Thanks, Bill. You seem to give well rounded and thoroughly explained advice. It does not go unnoticed. That is a subject that always seems to be a little mysterious to many people, and was to me for years, so it's good to have someone like you who knows the codes AND understands real world applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back