Hi.

I'm a bit behind because I've been busy but getting back to Paris Hilton and her shenanigans. We don't want her we've got our own stupid female criminal, Schapelle Corby. And anyway we send our criminals to Bali and Greece apparently.
I can't wait for "Spamalot" to come here. Oh by the way did you know that "Priscilla" is now a stage musical with full size bus on stage that changes colour. LED technology apparently.

No way... a color (colour) changing bus... That's hillarious!

I'm going to have to look up Schapelle Corby and get back to you.

So is that it? Is that how this hijack ends? Sad.

So, has anyone seen the Transformers movie yet. The trailers all look as though the film is very dark.
My sons loved the cartoons and had all the toys.

It is a good movie, but it is not for kids. It is meant for all of us 30somthings that remember when the cartoons were originally on. It is dark and violent. I was a little disappointed that all of the cars were GM (I am more of a traditionalist) but I got over it quickly and enjoyed the movie.

The rumor mill says that the next movie will be HE-MAN followed by GI Joe. The question is.....will there be a ThunderCats movie?

How is this for crazy..... my wife and I are having a baby next week, and we have to have a c-section. We scheduled it for the 10th. When we got home, she realized that the Harry Potter movie starts on the 11th and she would not be able to see it in the theatre. She called the doctor and rescheduled it for the 11th and bought tickets for the midnight show on the 10th. She is a children's librarian, so I guess that has something to do with it....but to reschedule something like having a c-section!?!?

Last edited:
Tom, I admire your wife's enthusiasm for the Harry Potter film. Good luck with the new arrival.
I've seen the transforner film since asking the question and boy are you right about it. I remember watching the cartoons with my sons who were in their pre teens and total fanatics. As an ironic statement my youngest (31) rang me up and took me to see the film complete with my being limited either to an ice cream or pop corn as he was when we saw the cartoon film lo these many years ago.
Time passes and .... sorry, just had a senior moment.

Hey if I had to have a c-section, I'd put it off for any reason that came my way. :mrgreen:

How is this for crazy..... my wife and I are having a baby next week, and we have to have a c-section. We scheduled it for the 10th. When we got home, she realized that the Harry Potter movie starts on the 11th and she would not be able to see it in the theatre. She called the doctor and rescheduled it for the 11th and bought tickets for the midnight show on the 10th. She is a children's librarian, so I guess that has something to do with it....but to reschedule something like having a c-section!?!?

Wow. With our first kid, we scheduled to induce birth on Feb 28th. They tried all day with all their tricks and he just refused to come out. So the Doctor said, "We'll give it a break for the night and try it again tomorrow. Are you sure you want to have a child on February 29th?" We had never thought about the fact that it was leap year. So when he gets old enough to complain about the lack of a birth day every year, we'll have to admit that it's our fault.

Wow. With our first kid, we scheduled to induce birth on Feb 28th. They tried all day with all their tricks and he just refused to come out. So the Doctor said, "We'll give it a break for the night and try it again tomorrow. Are you sure you want to have a child on February 29th?" We had never thought about the fact that it was leap year. So when he gets old enough to complain about the lack of a birth day every year, we'll have to admit that it's our fault.

Doesn't it make for the easiest way of not feeling old? After all, they'll still be 21 when everyone is 84...

Please tell me his names not Frederick.

The good news is Logos I don't even get the reference.

and yes best joke I've heard is you never have to worry about a leap day baby becoming an alcoholic because by the time they turn 21 they are in a nursing home.

Wikipedia entry for February 29th:
"Those who are born on this day usually celebrate their birthdays on February 28 or March 1 during non-leap years. In the comic musical The Pirates of Penzance, Frederic, born on February 29, was apprenticed to a band of pirates until his 21st birthday, in theory until he was 88 years old (as his lifetime included a non-leap centennial year)."

Wikipedia entry for February 29th:
"Those who are born on this day usually celebrate their birthdays on February 28 or March 1 during non-leap years. In the comic musical The Pirates of Penzance, Frederic, born on February 29, was apprenticed to a band of pirates until his 21st birthday, in theory until he was 88 years old (as his lifetime included a non-leap centennial year)."

What a theatrical reference?!?! I thought we were above that around here.

I thought that too...
How can we be completely off topic when theatre comes into it?
Edit: It seems I've made my kilopost and not noticed... YAY!

Congratulations Chris... I believe that officially makes you a Man now.

Grr... (still posting here.)

edit, 643 and counting

Almost to that Magical 666 The number of the Beast!

'though my personal favorite is 668 the neighbor of the beast.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back