Hi.

Very probably. Records being what they are however ...

One of my favorite movie quotes of all time, " Our forefathers were kicked outta every decent country in the world!" -Bill Murray Stripes

Please be advised that a proper response will be along after my physics exam tomorrow afternoon.

You see there's the problem. Teaching the descendants of criminals Physics... it's no wonder you love your silly little metric system.

Don't worry Padawan, the Aussies won't let that last post of mine slide.

Darn Right!

Oh goodie. :twisted:

Quite in the peanut gallery please.

First off I want to point out that the "foot" as a unit of measure goes all the way back to ancient Sumer. Secondly, don't you have any respect for the length of the King Henry's foot?!?! We may be rebels here in America but we still respect the length of Henry's foot. God Save the King!!

Your metric system is such disrespect for King Henry, it's like you are a bunch of outlaws and criminals down there... oh wait...

Err... I think it was in fact the French who started the metric system... After the French revolution. Has or has not the UK gone Metric these days? Tis only you yanks, Liberia and Myanmar not using the metric system. Continuing your non conformist attitudes to the last...

Now let's play a little game of history shall we kiddies. Where did Britain dump it's unwanted criminals and such before using Australia. No the answer's not in the Thames. Oh that's right... in the United States. So how is it that you people can in good conscience deny being criminals and outlaws again? Oh and weren't you at some point as reasonably essential component to the slave trade? Not only this but you couldn't even accept the fact that you were criminals and so wasted your time with an uprising, albeit a successful one.

At least we have the dignity to admit that we formed from Convict heritage and even celebrate it, whilst you lot suppress it as best you can... Almost like the way Japan glosses over WWII in their education system.

Indeed gafftaper we won't. Second Fleet and proud of it. Convict descent too not guards. On the other hand I live in SA where we are quite proud of being the only state that had no convicts. Hmm, I detect a small paradox here.

So one of your ancestors escaped?

People don't move? I thought that you were from Tasmania before you moved to Adelaide in a roundabout kind of way. Hmm... Van Dieman's land was most definitely a convict colony...

One of my favorite movie quotes of all time, " Our forefathers were kicked outta every decent country in the world!" -Bill Murray Stripes

Not sure how to take that one...

You see there's the problem. Teaching the descendants of criminals Physics... it's no wonder you love your silly little metric system.

Hey they taught the criminals at least the basics of physics. If you have a lump of iron on your leg, you can't move so fast... And without physics, tis rather had to have them build bridges and such... well at least ones still standing 200 odd years later.

Chris Have you ever seen Stripes?

Now let's play a little game of history shall we kiddies. Where did Britain dump it's unwanted criminals and such before using Australia. No the answer's not in the Thames. Oh that's right... in the United States. So how is it that you people can in good conscience deny being criminals and outlaws again? Oh and weren't you at some point as reasonably essential component to the slave trade? Not only this but you couldn't even accept the fact that you were criminals and so wasted your time with an uprising, albeit a successful one.

And now the punch line...
Oh, well that wasn't me. I'm German and we didn't get here until slavery was over. ;)

P.S. Don't make fun of my brothers and sisters in Myanmar and Liberia!

People don't move? I thought that you were from Tasmania before you moved to Adelaide in a roundabout kind of way. Hmm... Van Dieman's land was most definitely a convict colony...

Yeah well actually i've lived pretty well everywhere in Aus except Brisbane. I'm a bit of a gypsy really.

People don't move? I thought that you were from Tasmania before you moved to Adelaide .......

Wait a minute, I thought that travelling around Austrailia was very dangerous. Unless you've got a guy with a realy cool car and a death wish, those desert marauders with the weird cars and hockey mask will get you, and tie you to the front of their car. :mrgreen:

Wait a minute, I thought that travelling around Austrailia was very dangerous. Unless you've got a guy with a realy cool car and a death wish, those desert marauders with the weird cars and hockey mask will get you, and tie you to the front of their car. :mrgreen:

Van you are all confused. People in the outback drive around in shiny silver buses and look like this:
proxy.php

I somehow feel safer than being in the US where strange people who play banjo's ambush you all the time.

Logos, You got a mighty purty mouth boy.
proxy.php

I guess you've met Van's cousin then.

Last edited:
Oh and by the way the Kangaroos are really getting annoyed with all those pink busses

I just want to point out that the "Controlbooth Vs. Soundtrekkie" thread is currently 2 posts farther into a hijack than this thread. But this one is way more fun than that one. So keep up the good work. We have to beat out that thread as the longest hijack ever.

Still There Artemis? I hope you feel REALLY welcome by now.

Yeah, not quite usual for a welcome post to become game for the longest hijack ever thread, gaining him status fast for nothing!

No, I'm still here. Got lost a while back, but still here.

Ahh... Well Van started that round with a "Road Warrior" reference, I added to the attack with "Priscilla Queen of the Desert", and Logos successfully defended the attack with "Deliverance".

That would be quite a film festival.

Ahh... Well Van started that round with a "Road Warrior" reference, I added to the attack with "Priscilla Queen of the Desert", and Logos successfully defended the attack with "Deliverance".

That would be quite a film festival.

"I've always found that Capafel cancels out Tibault."
"That is true. Unless of course your opponent has studied his Agrippa,
which, I have. "

"I've always found that Capafel cancels out Tibault." "That is true. Unless of course your opponent has studied his Agrippa, which, I have. "

Dude that's exactly what I was thinking but couldn't draw the quotes out of my foggy brain. (That was the first date movie for my wife and I so it's always a favorite on anniversary nights.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back