Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Aug. 10, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
August 5, 2022 · Sweetwater · $123.00​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
NickVon said - Does the hole used for many Shure and Sennheiser rack systems have a name. It's the one which is just a small1/2" diameter hole with on side squared off/flat. For use with the included BNC pass through panel mount connectors for antennas. I've found "D" style mounts terms and Keystone but can't find what that hole may be ...
August 6, 2022 · Amazon · $59.99​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
Alex Smith said - Of course, this is a show in a space not intended for or designed for theatrical productions, which should have made me shy away but I never learn. Running Qlab 4 for lights and sound on a 2016 MacBook Pro, into a GigaPort via USB, and out the GigaPort into a long 3.5mm cable (I know, I know) that runs to an amp and speakers ...
June 28, 2022 · Clownantics.com · $6.50​
Special Effects​
Benjamin Fink said - I think I saw an exhibit or workshop at USITT this year on cable and tentacle mechanisms, and I think that might be a solution for this, or may be overkill but a decent starting point to brainstorm. I foud a couple of excerpts from the Rick Baker School on Youtube on cable mechanisms. They have a paid course here that has ...
Highlighted posts
August 02, 2022 * 11 posts * 229 views
jonliles said: Has anyone experienced or heard of a failure of the AES50 card on their Behringer X32? A local HoW I work with had a power surge during a storm that knocked out some of the LED ... Read more >>
August 06, 2022 * 4 posts * 144 views
Alex Smith said: Of course, this is a show in a space not intended for or designed for theatrical productions, which should have made me shy away but I never learn. Running Qlab 4 for lights and ... Read more >>
August 05, 2022 * 3 posts * 133 views
Preston33154 said: OK... It's a 52-seat small theatre. Minimal budget. We are producing the play "Misery" based on the Stephen King novel. With the audience a mere 12-feet (3.6m) away... the actress ... Read more >>
August 05, 2022 * 3 posts * 120 views
NickVon said: Does the hole used for many Shure and Sennheiser rack systems have a name. It's the one which is just a small1/2" diameter hole with on side squared off/flat. For use with the ... Read more >>
August 03, 2022 * 11 posts * 302 views
heysoundude said: Thanks, neighbour. I know these boxes are still floating around out there, so I wanted to see if anyone had by chance had the same sort of idea and actually tried/tested it. I ... Read more >>
August 03, 2022 * 2 posts * 98 views
The Event Safety Podcast said: Is your meter lying to you? Can welding cable be used in event applications? Does electricity always take the path of least resistance? Is it ok to plug a power strip into another ... Read more >>
August 02, 2022 * 18 posts * 620 views
ship said: Derek and others already took the thunder out of any fire I might have. Yes photos of the fixture/wiring/plug type/Lamp socket condition amongst other things that on school break ... Read more >>
August 03, 2022 * 10 posts * 297 views
jtweigandt said: We seek him here, we seek him there. I was fortunate enough to play Hal, one of the bounders 20 years ago I also took a plaster cast of the face of our Pimpernel for the simulated ... Read more >>
August 05, 2022 * 12 posts * 492 views
gafftaper said: This is not an answer that solves the OP's problem but, someone down the road is going to be reading this post and I hope this will help them find big letters. I used www.craftcuts.com ... Read more >>
August 02, 2022 * 11 posts * 522 views
gafftaper said: That's sort of how they do the parade music. They do some crazy stuff to make their GPS system highly accurate. Then they track the floats. There's a background parade music track ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back