Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Aug. 17, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
May 30, 2022 · B&H Photo Video · $59.00​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
FMEng said - Some output stages won't be happy with a short across the line. That's an old trick used for muting microphones, which are different because phantom cannot be interrupted, and they have resistor build-outs. You could use a DPST switch inserted in the audio pair. Leave the circuit shield intact. A 10K resistor across the ...
April 22, 2022 · Amazon · $89.99​
Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control​
JimmyM said - j5create USB-C to 4 Port HDMI Adapter Hub- Multi Monitor Splitter - Support 4 1080p 60Hz Displays - Compatible with Type-C MacBook and Windows Laptop (JCA366) [link] Messy but that would give you 4 1080p streams, then 3 short hdmis into a matrix
May 29, 2022 · Amazon · $52.99​
Lighting and Electrics​
SteveB said - Out Theater Dept. TD loves Amazon, found these, bought about 20, dirt cheap. We threw them up as worklights in a new facility, had 2-4 on Sensor dimmers which we ran at about 15% at night as ghost lights. Generally they all held up remarkably well, I think we've had failures on 4 or 5 and mostly just array failures, so ...
Highlighted posts
August 09, 2022 * 17 posts * 273 views
Robert F Jarvis said: I'm sticking a lot of rows of LED RGB Tape onto some shaped luan. I've done this before and had to cut numerous short connecting wires to bridge the little metal pads found on ... Read more >>
August 09, 2022 * 20 posts * 486 views
Safety
soundman said: During Covid I got a job doing controls work for Amazon. My site was a new build out and we had to wait for things to be signed off on before we could get to work so I had a lot ... Read more >>
August 10, 2022 * 9 posts * 257 views
norwintd said: Hello All, Has anyone repaired one of the Lowell RPC Remote Power Control Units. I have two from different racks with, I believe, bad transformers in them ( relay just chatters ... Read more >>
August 09, 2022 * 5 posts * 231 views
notsteve said: Please forgive if this is too basic a question. We're a touring band, and people have suggested software to automate our lights. I don't see how this is realistic except for large ... Read more >>
August 13, 2022 * 3 posts * 173 views
News
theatricalmatt said: Sad news of yet another stage failure. One fatality, many others injured. [link] Read more >>
August 12, 2022 * 3 posts * 131 views
RHINESEL said: We inhereted 20 iLED Par 64 lights. I don't have high expectations for these things but do have a question for them. The manual (manual link) states the inrush consumption of 20w. ... Read more >>
August 10, 2022 * 5 posts * 307 views
RCadena said: I'm curious if this issue was resolved and how. I would suggest testing for continuity between pin 1 of the DMX cable and the chassis of the shoebox dimmers. It should not have ... Read more >>
August 11, 2022 * 4 posts * 330 views
Starr T. said: Just a "singin' to the choir" question here... if your demographic is "mostly NYC transplants/retirees. They are a picky crowd!" How do they expect the arts to survive & not become ... Read more >>
August 10, 2022 * 4 posts * 265 views
Daniel Sepke said: These types of holes are called flatted round and come in many diameters in electronics to suit connectors and switches that need an element of anti rotation as part of the their ... Read more >>
August 11, 2022 * 1 post * 83 views
Nick Solyom said: Hello, I am on a product search for a DMX warm white LED filament bulb that is NOT Glasson Calesco. I'd appreciate links or tips towards a manufacturer who makes anything in this ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back