Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
Highlighted posts
August 18, 2021 * 20 posts * 395 views
Safety
StradivariusBone said: So a few months back I was involved with a lighting upgrade at a church I do part-time work for. We were replacing a bunch of fresnels over the stage with some LED fixtures and ... Read more >>
August 20, 2021 * 9 posts * 147 views
curtis73 said: When I say low-buck, it's because of two primary reasons: 1, we're a non-profit community theater and 2, the black box in question only does about two shows per season that have ... Read more >>
August 18, 2021 * 11 posts * 266 views
TheaterEd said: Hi Everyone, I run a high school performing arts center and am looking to move on to a more modern sound board with more/better functionality. I have been running sound boards ... Read more >>
August 18, 2021 * 12 posts * 336 views
TimMc said: There have been reports that 4.06 "forgets" changes to output routing. If you are using default routing and patching, I'm *not sure* if it's an issue. The X32 Rack beside me is ... Read more >>
August 18, 2021 * 14 posts * 569 views
Aaron S. said: This is how I set up my intelligent stuff. My venue is pretty much all ETC minus some movers and LED units. Unless it's an ETC fixture I use relays. I generally will patch all ... Read more >>
August 17, 2021 * 2 posts * 161 views
Footer said: General survey, what is the base hourly rate for a general stagehand in your area? No special skills, general load in/out types. Read more >>
August 19, 2021 * 32 posts * 1,159 views
Lighting and Electrics
ship said: First Union venu I have worked in in the Chicago ever requested that we keep the Strong Super Trouper II Tricorn security screws on it's lamp housing access cover.... but please ... Read more >>
August 23, 2021 * 4 posts * 144 views
News
FMEng said: A prop gun was misused during a performance on board an excursion train. The victim has gunpowder embedded in her face and eye, along with hearing damage. 'I thought the train ... Read more >>
August 18, 2021 * 7 posts * 334 views
kicknargel said: That's right. When flying in, you must spool 20' of line onto the tube (counter-spooling the 20' drop) plus add 20' of line to get from the "loft block" to the tube now on the ... Read more >>
August 17, 2021 * 29 posts * 1,017 views
Jay Ashworth said: As long as you don't use them to attach a higher rated load to a lower rated cable or receptacle, sure. :) I was actually considering, at one point, making up the coil of ... I ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back