Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
August 25, 2022 · Amazon · $59.95​
Scenery, Props, and Rigging​
jayvee said - Add this to your library as well: [link]
June 6, 2022 · Entertainment Fabrication · $24.00​
Conventions​
gafftaper said - Well, NAMM was smaller, but still excellent. I heard that it was about half size, which sounds small, but it's been running around 115,000 people, so half is still a LOT! Our corner of the industry was represented by a strong showing from ESTA and the ESA. I spent most of the show in classes. I hear a lot of people say ...
August 25, 2022 · Amazon · $27.50​
Scenery, Props, and Rigging​
Benjamin Fink said - In addition to the Backstage Handbook, The Stock Scenery Construction Handbook is a great resource to learn theatre carpentry. I don't have my copy in front of me, so I'm not sure if there are instructions for building window reveals, but if you are learning how to build scenery, I would fully recommend buying a copy. In ...
Highlighted posts
August 24, 2022 * 26 posts * 471 views
Andrew McMillan said: Hi All I need to prepare technical drawings for our theatre workshop team to build a non-practical double sash hung Georgian window (see image below). For context it will sit approx ... Read more >>
August 22, 2022 * 35 posts * 866 views
gafftaper said: I think you are overthinking this. Some sort of random flashing effect on the light board, a sound cue of the same length, and a little practice pressing go on both devices at ... Read more >>
August 23, 2022 * 9 posts * 322 views
jtweigandt said: Our next production (Elf) we will have one night with an ASL interpreter. I just had a discussion with a retired friend (fellow veterinarian) who has been semi profoundly deaf ... Read more >>
August 29, 2022 * 6 posts * 169 views
Andrew McMillan said: Hi again all. Further to my post about windows (thanks to those who responded!), I'm hoping there may be someone at CB with expertise either designing or constructing trucks. Per ... Read more >>
August 24, 2022 * 5 posts * 242 views
bobgaggle said: Mods maybe this is better in the SM/Facility Ops forum? Not sure... Ok, so my wife and I were having a life goals meeting and figuring out where we want to be in 5/10/15 years. ... Read more >>
August 22, 2022 * 5 posts * 310 views
Amiers said: So as most of you know I run the lighting dept at my job. Recently we purchased a 100 brand new Colordash 18s. They are awesome. Few things I would change but they are an upgrade ... Read more >>
August 25, 2022 * 16 posts * 681 views
RonaldBeal said: As an aside, the century panel was an incredibly efficient way of selecting fixtures. A double tap on one channel would de-select all other fixtures. Holding down the first fixture ... Read more >>
August 27, 2022 * 1 post * 68 views
The Event Safety Podcast said: Is taking an "at all costs" approach to our jobs something to be applauded? In this episode of The Event Safety Podcast, Steve Adelman swings by to join Danielle for a conversation ... Read more >>
August 23, 2022 * 1 post * 89 views
Making Theatre Podcast said: This time were are talking to Michael Dennis about his career as company stage manager, and his extensive experience of touring at all scales. We hear about the daily minutiae ... Read more >>
August 24, 2022 * 10 posts * 635 views
MPowers said: Having a cyc in a black box can be lit as several have already discussed. What hasn't been discussed is how to handle, treat, and store said cyc. During the last 60 years I have ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back