Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Jul. 06, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
May 22, 2022 · Amazon · $65.69​
Scenery, Props, and Rigging​
Malabaristo said - I took an in-between approach myself: bought the Wen track, but made my own plate to fit a regular circular saw by routing a matching groove in a piece of plywood. It's a little fiddly to get the initial alignment perfect, but not a bad option if you can semi-permanently dedicate a saw to it (so you only have to get it ...
June 28, 2022 · Clownantics.com · $6.50​
Special Effects​
Benjamin Fink said - I think I saw an exhibit or workshop at USITT this year on cable and tentacle mechanisms, and I think that might be a solution for this, or may be overkill but a decent starting point to brainstorm. I foud a couple of excerpts from the Rick Baker School on Youtube on cable mechanisms. They have a paid course here that has ...
July 2, 2022 · Amazon · $499.99​
Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control​
aeh20s said - Depending on your budget, I would get something like this. And buy rack drawers for monitor storage. [link]
Highlighted posts
July 01, 2022 * 10 posts * 156 views
Jay Ashworth said: Is there any built in way to use a magic sheet to do a focus check of the stage? What I'm looking for is a mode where I can click fixtures on the sheet, and have then momentarily ... Read more >>
June 30, 2022 * 8 posts * 174 views
BumbedBooster said: Oh LORD what have I gotten myself into... HELP! I've was a scene designer and PAC manager for various theaters for around a decade or so, but for the past couple of years I've ... Read more >>
June 30, 2022 * 7 posts * 264 views
urban79 said: I'm wondering if anyone has found an elegant solution for a livestream desk. I have a feeling I'm going to end up adapting something to work for me, but I would love to see anyone ... Read more >>
July 02, 2022 * 3 posts * 91 views
jds10011 said: Our usual trapdoor involves the hinge set flush with the deck so that nobody trips when it is closed. Of course, this means the door itself can only go as far as vertical when ... Read more >>
June 27, 2022 * 6 posts * 175 views
Robert F Jarvis said: We are putting on Shrek and early in the show we have tmake a flower "Wilt". I was think of using several thin tubes with "Flower heads" on that we could inflate. With them inflated ... Read more >>
June 28, 2022 * 8 posts * 238 views
BillESC said: 8 digital receivers, Unipak transmitters, lavalier mics and an eight channel mixer for a high school in Pennsylvania. Image  Read more >>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back