Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Jun. 01, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
February 1, 2022 · Amazon · $24.99​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
MNicolai said - Troubleshooting intercom is all about being methodical. You will want a multimeter and a cable toner/tracer. For starters, I would trace down the problem on Channel B. It'll be easier to find and may be related to the Channel A problem. Disconnect all beltpacks and portable cables. Test for a short on Channel B's cabling. ...
May 22, 2022 · Amazon · $65.69​
Scenery, Props, and Rigging​
Malabaristo said - I took an in-between approach myself: bought the Wen track, but made my own plate to fit a regular circular saw by routing a matching groove in a piece of plywood. It's a little fiddly to get the initial alignment perfect, but not a bad option if you can semi-permanently dedicate a saw to it (so you only have to get it ...
April 20, 2022 · Monoprice · $87.09​
Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control​
Malabaristo said - If you're hoping to send different content to each projector, then your odds of success with any laptop are slim. If you're planning to send the exact same thing to all three projectors, then the search term you're looking for is "HDBaseT Distribution Amplifier". I don't have any specific recommendations based on experience, ...
Highlighted posts
May 26, 2022 * 19 posts * 515 views
DoubleXX said: Anybody have a suggestion for an LED followspot for our small (500 seats) children's theater? At less than $4000. Read more >>
May 27, 2022 * 7 posts * 241 views
Safety
azylka said: Hey folks, I'm curious to know if there are any U.S. codes that require motorized theatrical equipment to have an E-stop, or if it's "best practice" at best? I've found some guidelines ... Read more >>
May 26, 2022 * 8 posts * 266 views
News
Jay Ashworth said: Shure and Sennheiser had filed a petition to reserve a channel Nationwide for wireless mics. The FCC reaffirmed its earlier decision - from 2015 - not to do so. [link] Read more >>
May 29, 2022 * 5 posts * 114 views
jds10011 said: A local space has some off-the-shelf 500W halogen flood fixtures (basically the architectural version of the cheap portable worklight) as their only house lights. These fixtures ... Read more >>
May 25, 2022 * 9 posts * 323 views
gearanfool said: Hi all, I work at a small theatre company and we're looking to upgrade our comms system. At the minute, we're using the HME DX100 but the headsets are falling apart, the base station ... Read more >>
May 24, 2022 * 15 posts * 353 views
Amiers said: I feel like I should know this but I just can't think of it. I look forward to seeing the answer in a week. Read more >>
May 24, 2022 * 7 posts * 240 views
ruinexplorer said: I'll be heading to the show floor, but not sure what day. On Tuesday I am meeting with Christie for preshow meeting. Read more >>
May 24, 2022 * 8 posts * 333 views
rsiminoski said: Hey Hivemind. So we are looking at purchasing some used ETC Smartbar 2s, specifically the SB4-10-Bs. They come with the 20a pigtails. In our wall we have L21 20R twistlock. I'm ... Read more >>
May 29, 2022 * 4 posts * 105 views
jds10011 said: I'm sure this is the "wrong way" to do this, but I'd appreciate an answer to my question (you can also tell me this is the wrong way) -- advance apologies. We have a few speakers ... Read more >>
May 24, 2022 * 13 posts * 350 views
Keith Herron said: Greetings all! Helping a NYC middle school with their lights. They have a newly installed (and never explained, of course) rig - Strand a21 dimmer rack, (20) LED ellipsoidals, ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back