Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Jun. 15, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
April 26, 2022 · Sweetwater · $83.00​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
Lextech said - Wireless elements are consumables, just like gel. Some last longer, but in the end the sweat, make up and actors forgetting they are wearing them kills them. If you are hair micing Shure's own WL93 elements are $83 at Sweetwater WL-93 . I used them for years and they work well, are easy to clean and sound fine.
June 6, 2022 · Entertainment Fabrication · $24.00​
Conventions​
gafftaper said - Well, NAMM was smaller, but still excellent. I heard that it was about half size, which sounds small, but it's been running around 115,000 people, so half is still a LOT! Our corner of the industry was represented by a strong showing from ESTA and the ESA. I spent most of the show in classes. I hear a lot of people say ...
May 2, 2022 · m5stack-store · $15.50​
Lighting and Electrics​
Malabaristo said - If you want a relatively easy DIY project, I've used these little things for camera tally lights triggered by our ATEM switcher. They're a neat and cheap package with built-in Wi-Fi, so all you need is power at the location you want to put one (via the USB C connector). There's a pretty novice-friendly visual programming ...
Highlighted posts
June 10, 2022 * 16 posts * 422 views
curtis73 said: In my blackbox, I got a grant for all new LED fixtures a few years ago. They've been flawless. I set up 5 of our old incandescent fresnels on some edison dimmers as house lights; ... Read more >>
June 10, 2022 * 7 posts * 188 views
aeh20s said: Hello riggers of CB. If I wanted to hang some lightweight vinyl banners from a pipe my first instinct would be to use tie line with a clove hitch on the pipe and bowline going ... Read more >>
June 07, 2022 * 16 posts * 381 views
Jay Lee said: Greetings Control Booth Lighting and Electrics forum, I recently worked a show at a middle school that had an old EDI TCC 2-18/T two-scene preset board but it was connected to ... Read more >>
June 07, 2022 * 8 posts * 264 views
Brontz said: I am a new supervisor at this venue that has an ETCLink. I have never used this before and the information I've found online has been sparse to say the least. Anyone have a resource ... Read more >>
June 12, 2022 * 5 posts * 142 views
Dagger said: We had 4 lights daisy chained ( group A ) and plugged into an opto. The board had control. Then we had a second set of lights ( group B ) daisy chained and into the opto. All fixtures ... Read more >>
June 11, 2022 * 7 posts * 199 views
Dagger said: I am thinking about making a linkedin profile. Here is what I am thinking of putting in . Please critique: 2013 -present AV Technician Set/ strike / operate basic lighting, audio ... Read more >>
June 12, 2022 * 5 posts * 136 views
Jay Ashworth said: I've been seeing a fair number, in various quarters, of people leveraging Dante hardware and networks to use them for comm, instead of (what appears to be more expensive) matrix ... Read more >>
June 08, 2022 * 6 posts * 189 views
mrxknows said: So I'm running 4 Strand cd80 ae dimmer racks and my etc ion can't control the house lights. I did a 1 to 1 check and can't find the house lights. The strand architectural panel ... Read more >>
June 12, 2022 * 4 posts * 151 views
StradivariusBone said: Having trouble with one fixture in the last chain of five. It will randomly strobe on its own, but it's under inconsistent circumstances. The typical behavior is it will begin ... Read more >>
June 09, 2022 * 5 posts * 291 views
stgjim said: Our church had a lighting hit several months ago. It took out a Fleenor splitter and 2 of our 4 Autoyokes with SourceFour fixtures. Had boards and/or units rebuilt. The autoyokes ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back