Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Jun. 29, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
May 16, 2022 · Sweetwater · $9.40​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
FMEng said - With all due respect to the other responders, neither of those will address the root cause of the hum and buzz. Guitar amps are notorious for picking up noise, even when used for their intended purpose, due to the high input impedance and being unbalanced (1 conductor plus shield). Add in a couple of different AC grounds ...
WA330
April 29, 2022 · None · $12.00​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
jtweigandt said - I have clipped and re soldered many a mic for our community theatre.. a little tricky because most of the mic cable has some kevlar fiber woven right in with the copper... at least on the sennheisers. I just checked and you can get the Shure connectors for about 12 bucks apiece.. I would even wonder if some digging might ...
June 21, 2022 · Amazon · $10.99​
Lighting and Electrics​
Jay Ashworth said - Just occurred to me that those bowl covers you can buy at the grocery store, with an elastic ring, would probably work nicely too. [link]
Highlighted posts
June 20, 2022 * 11 posts * 323 views
Stuart R said: Hello all, I've found a few threads about choir mics, PZMs, boundary mics, shotguns etc. but nothing very recent, so I'm curious how this continuing challenge has been going for ... Read more >>
June 25, 2022 * 5 posts * 239 views
jonares said: Howdy.... to the hive mind: I had a photographer complaining about flicker on our ColorSource engines with LED cyc adapters... I helped him with better shutter speed options, but ... Read more >>
June 22, 2022 * 17 posts * 761 views
Aaron S. said: In my venue we have some metal shelves and I store them, 1 frame side down and the next frame side up so the nestle into each other a bit more for space. During the season we give ... Read more >>
June 22, 2022 * 7 posts * 332 views
John Palmer said: They are sending me a fixture to demo, so I will report back once I have played with it. The RJ45 doesn't worry me too much. Luckily, the fixtures wouldn't have a rough life and ... Read more >>
June 22, 2022 * 14 posts * 1,270 views
Safety
bobgaggle said: Been a while since I've seen one of these things. Can't remember if they're even built to accept some kind of anchor... Interesting too because I've never seen an event tent on ... Read more >>
June 26, 2022 * 7 posts * 202 views
Jay Ashworth said: We're doing In The Heights the end of next month, and the vagaries of my facility are such that I need to do an on-stage premix of (at least parts of) the band. My optimal solution ... Read more >>
June 22, 2022 * 5 posts * 292 views
Hansentd said: IIRC- I-cues can be set in a 2 and 4 channel mode. 2 channel mode gives the first channel for pan (left-right) and the other for tilt (up-down) (or maybe it's the other way around) ... Read more >>
June 24, 2022 * 14 posts * 562 views
kicknargel said: Taking your question at face value, and assuming something lightweight and soft like the posited vinyl banner, this seems like a fine idea. I've not used this hitch, but what I ... Read more >>
June 20, 2022 * 21 posts * 1,025 views
Jay Ashworth said: You might want to reread the sentence you quoted. Retail for 24 channels, all-in, is around $79K [ Nobody's *paying* retail for a PO that big, of course, at 20% it's ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back