Highlighted posts from Wednesday, May. 25, 2022

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
We're continuing to include products from across the web that members are talking about most. These products link to our partner, Primary, who has been helping us test new ways of showing forum content.​
Products ControlBooth members are discussing
Note: We may earn an affiliate commission if you purchase through the guide, but they include the most talked-about products even if we don't earn anything. View more products on our partner's site, Primary.
March 31, 2022 · Amazon · $8.29​
Scenery, Props, and Rigging​
Van said - Yes, you can apply it with a finger brush, or make a cut brush to leave what would be brush strokes in a normal paint but develop into ridges in the vssd. Rather than a knife I'd use something like a Brush Comb though I'd use the kind with rounded ends rather than the sharp ones like shown on that Purdy in the link. You ...
May 16, 2022 · Sweetwater · $21.00​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
FMEng said - With all due respect to the other responders, neither of those will address the root cause of the hum and buzz. Guitar amps are notorious for picking up noise, even when used for their intended purpose, due to the high input impedance and being unbalanced (1 conductor plus shield). Add in a couple of different AC grounds ...
May 16, 2022 · Sweetwater · $9.40​
Sound, Music, and Intercom​
FMEng said - With all due respect to the other responders, neither of those will address the root cause of the hum and buzz. Guitar amps are notorious for picking up noise, even when used for their intended purpose, due to the high input impedance and being unbalanced (1 conductor plus shield). Add in a couple of different AC grounds ...
March 9, 2022 · Hosa · $95.45​
Lighting and Electrics​
Daniel Sepke said - I built my own last summer for 3, 4, and 5 pin XLR by modifying an inexpensive tester from Amazon. Essentially rehousing the control board in a Hammond enclosure with a suitable collection of connectors. Prior to that I had been using a set of 5 to 4 pin adapter cables with the Hosa CBT-500: [link]
Highlighted posts
May 18, 2022 * 25 posts * 920 views
dvsDave said: I would strongly recommend attending one of my favorite events at NAMM every year for those of you who are going. ESTA hosts a Happy Hour for their Behind The Scenes. It's a great ... Read more >>
May 23, 2022 * 4 posts * 70 views
MNicolai said: InfoComm is coming up in a couple weeks, Jun 4-10. I know this show is more lightly attended by CB folk, but anyone planning on going? Read more >>
May 17, 2022 * 28 posts * 1,000 views
thelatinist said: Edited to Add: After doing more research and communicating directly with ETC, I now think that my issues are not with them at all, but with B&H Photo Video and whatever ETC dealer ... Read more >>
May 20, 2022 * 8 posts * 230 views
Safety
rsiminoski said: Hey all, I've been on the horn with Rosebrand about coming and inspecting our soft goods. They are 17 years old and from what I can tell they haven't been treated or cleaned in ... Read more >>
May 18, 2022 * 11 posts * 283 views
jonares said: Howdy.... wondering if folks have suggestions... the quick background: My stage is covered in tempered hardboard, and is in ok shape (new about 6 years ago) - painted once each ... Read more >>
May 17, 2022 * 6 posts * 159 views
Safety
Colin said: Somehow in all these years I've never needed to preside over a balloon drop effect until now... Am I crazy to require a documented (I)FR net (which seems to eliminate all the time-saving ... Read more >>
May 16, 2022 * 12 posts * 267 views
Jay Ashworth said: I don't stress QLab out very hard, programming the stuff I do here in the sticks, but there's one thing I do on every cue on every show: adjusting the levels. I presently do that ... Read more >>
May 21, 2022 * 4 posts * 183 views
Robert F Jarvis said: We have out a ceiling fan on set. It is thee speed but even the slow setting is too fast for the director. We can't feed it from our varactor dimmers so how do we slow it? Would ... Read more >>
May 19, 2022 * 3 posts * 162 views
dbaxter said: In our recent mounting of Calendar Girls, I had to make some projections of clouds and sunflowers. To look right on the set, I needed the left and top edges to soften to black ... Read more >>
May 19, 2022 * 24 posts * 578 views
Jay Ashworth said: And as punctuation to this thread: """ Two broadcast engineers are at the Hooters in Lawrenceville NJ. The first one says to the second that the average person knows very little ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back