Highlighted posts from Wednesday, Oct. 06, 2021

Newsletter

Click here to view on the web
Highlighted posts
October 02, 2021 * 6 posts * 165 views
microstar said: So I needed to find the current draw on a dimmer. I only had an analog clamp on ammeter and I know it needed to be a true RMS meter to get the correct value. It measured 8A. How ... Read more >>
September 28, 2021 * 8 posts * 261 views
chawalang said: I'm curious to hear how people have seen or prefer to have side tab curtains installed on stage. Specifically in a permanent set up, dead hung, on motors, track,? What are your ... Read more >>
September 27, 2021 * 9 posts * 393 views
tdtastic said: Do you wait to put your light plot in the air only after a lighting designer can see a run-through of the show? Or do you ask your LD's to design a plot for the set design, not ... Read more >>
September 28, 2021 * 7 posts * 87 views
Jon Majors said: I want to create a rainbow for Wizard of Oz. I will be making a frame from 1x3 material and will be attached LED strips in an arc to create the colors. I'm having trouble deciding ... Read more >>
September 30, 2021 * 4 posts * 129 views
ShinyCowbird said: Hey Y'all, I recently started working for a smaller theater that has been running on a Strand Palette VL 64 for the past decade or so. I'd like to be able to use some sort of show ... Read more >>
September 28, 2021 * 3 posts * 162 views
NickVon said: Is there a reason fly weights are they weights they are? Where they meant to 1:1 specific gear back in the day? Rather then a round increments of 10/20/50lb's? Is it actually that ... Read more >>
October 03, 2021 * 9 posts * 219 views
rphilip said: I work at a University and particularly in this era of COVID we keep getting requests for outdoor programs in the evenings and it seems that trend may continue. I want some way ... Read more >>
October 01, 2021 * 20 posts * 307 views
Robert F Jarvis said: We want to lift about 400lb about 6 inches. We were looking at a pneumatic bag. The ones I've seen require a commercial air pressure supply. Is there anything out there that would ... Read more >>
September 30, 2021 * 10 posts * 159 views
microstar said: It used to be that many theatre supply houses had a chart of "stock" leg, border, and traveller sizes along with pricing. I need a super-fast estimate for a grant application and ... Read more >>
September 30, 2021 * 6 posts * 172 views
Stagemanager01 said: For the current show I had to just go with universe 1/port 1 since I had enough channels-so my patching isn't going to show anything right now. When I'm plugged into universe 1, ... Read more >>

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back