HME RW800 interface to cabled system

NickVon

Installed in our building is a 2 channel older Clear-com system, we only use Channel A and the whole wired system works just fine. We have recently borrowed an Older HME RW800 4 pack wireless system in the 470.00 Mhz Range. There is a wiring diagram printed on the top of he RW800 base station which as helped with out the "font mic" etc has worked. But I have not been able to discover how or what combination of the Cabled/Aux switch settings on the front will allow operation with our existing wired Clear-Com setup. A couple of people I've chatted with indicate that It should be possible to simply daisy chain it out of one of the clear-com packs or ports on stage but I haven't managed to figure it out.

I've also failed at Google Foo to find the manual or documentation on the system.

Any thoughts?

Pictures?

You loop into the back via a typical 3-pin XLR from your Clearcom system. On the back you select Cabled/Ch-1 on the 3 wire input.

On the front you select Cabled under In/Out and adjust volume to suit your needs.

If you really want 4WR in, you'll need an interface like the IF4W4 and cable your XLR-3 into the interface, and then Barewire to XLr-4 into your HME. This will give you +3dB of gain into and out of the HME which is pretty great if it's a loud show.

So I gave your suggestion a whirl and came up bupkis. I've chained out of one of the wired Clear Com Packs into the HME RW800 ( as the last thing in the chain.) I cabled it into the "cabled" plug and selected ch1 3-wire, and pushed the "cable" button on the front. Both wired com, and hte HME work independently but don't work together. If the connections and setting are that simple is it likely that that function of the HME box is dead? It is old and was found sitting in a box in an theater companies storage unit for a at least 6 years.

It's been forever since I've used the 800 series stuff and I don't remember the specifics of integrating it with Clearcom -- this is why I try to always use 4WR in, it just works (most of the time)!

Did you try flipping the CH1/2 switch to Channel 2 (on the rear of the unit). I may have err'ed there, because Channel 1/2 on a 3 wire box would be indicative of it wanted Telex wiring where you slam 2 channels down a 3 pin XLR. Channel 2 on Telex lines up with the Clearcom's single duplex audio channel (Pin 3). If the device really cares about 30VDC, it'll still get it on Pin 2, but won't be looking there for audio.

I did also try it with the the channel switch on channel 2. I don't believe I have any 4 wire outputs out of m Clear-com Main station to even use that input but i'll check.

Any Idea where I could dig up a manual? I had no luck.

HME RW800 Manual -- and while I don't know why yours isn't working, I know these integrate into Clearcom without any external gear because I used to use them all the time like 5-8 years ago until my rental shops stopped carrying them in favor of better (newer) alternatives.

As for 4-Wire, your Clearcom won't have a 4 wire output integrated into a mainstation (actually -- 4 wire implies 2 wires for Input and 2 wires for Output, fun fact!) -- you use an interface box like the IF4W4 or its older companion the IF4B.

for testing purposes just make up the 4 wide adaptor and use a q box or your fav. tone generator ... q box is also a great way to test the 2w com inputs of the unit because it can bith talk and listen doesnt care about the voltage but will tell you its present ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back