The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

HME Wireless intercom

Discussion in 'Sound, Music, and Intercom' started by Dreadpoet, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Dreadpoet

Dreadpoet Active Member

I'm looking at the HME wireless intercom system for my small theatre. I'm wondering if anyone has used it and seen successes/failures.

2. sound_nerd

sound_nerd Active Member

Used a 4 headset system for a one-off audio gig at the MTCC in Tronto. They had lots of noise, and in my opinion we could've used Motorola radios with headsets instead and had the same sound quality.

It could've been the system, or the way it was setup, I'm sure they're worth a bit of the money you'd pay for them.

3. Andy_Leviss

Andy_Leviss Active Member Premium Member

Which one? HME makes a lot of different models, both analog and digital. If you do a search, you'll find lots of comments on them in previous threads :)

4. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    FYI, Clearcom has a new wireless system called Tempest coming out. There are two models one in the 2,400 mhz and one at 900 mhz. I don't know if it's even shipping yet, it's been written up in all the trade magazines but they just got it up on their website in the last few weeks. Might be worth checking out.

Tempest