Hog 1000 installation question

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by Frenk Kaufmann, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Frenk Kaufmann

Frenk Kaufmann New Member

I am a professional photographer skilling myself in the use of theatre lighting.
    I have 2 old Showtec 575S moving heads and 2 High end Intelibeam 700HX scans

A Hog 1000 has been offered to me cheap but I am not sure if it can handle my lights standard.
    I owe a SGM Studio 24 which does not have them included and seem impossible to install. It keeps refusing without telling me which data is wrong and I have to set up every single dmx setting of which many I don't even know what they are talking about (typing in the list I found online).
    To make a long story short, the SGM is unasuble and I don't want to make the same mistake woth the Hog 1000.

If it contains factory standard the above fixtures then I can take the risc. If I have to find it online or at the manufacturers I won't buy it.
    They react very slowly pointing me everywhere but no solutions.
    If I have to load it, I won't buy it. I don't have any floppy's or writers for it.

Can somebody help?

Frenk

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. soundman

soundman Well-Known Member

I would think the intelibeam would be in the hog library.

But you are right, the hog 1000 line needs a floppy disc for any saving or updating. Unless they are selling it for under $250 USD I would look at any of the PC controllers out there. I think you can get Chamsys to output DMX for under $100.

If you don't need to use it for more than 5 hours at a shot the basic dongle is $15. A full universe without time restrictions is $150 https://www.chauvetparts.com/product.htm?pid=237407&cat=21980

RonHebbard likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice