Hog 1000 installation question

Frenk Kaufmann

I am a professional photographer skilling myself in the use of theatre lighting.
I have 2 old Showtec 575S moving heads and 2 High end Intelibeam 700HX scans

A Hog 1000 has been offered to me cheap but I am not sure if it can handle my lights standard.
I owe a SGM Studio 24 which does not have them included and seem impossible to install. It keeps refusing without telling me which data is wrong and I have to set up every single dmx setting of which many I don't even know what they are talking about (typing in the list I found online).
To make a long story short, the SGM is unasuble and I don't want to make the same mistake woth the Hog 1000.

If it contains factory standard the above fixtures then I can take the risc. If I have to find it online or at the manufacturers I won't buy it.
They react very slowly pointing me everywhere but no solutions.
If I have to load it, I won't buy it. I don't have any floppy's or writers for it.

Can somebody help?

Frenk

I would think the intelibeam would be in the hog library.

But you are right, the hog 1000 line needs a floppy disc for any saving or updating. Unless they are selling it for under $250 USD I would look at any of the PC controllers out there. I think you can get Chamsys to output DMX for under $100.

If you don't need to use it for more than 5 hours at a shot the basic dongle is $15. A full universe without time restrictions is $150 https://www.chauvetparts.com/product.htm?pid=237407&cat=21980

Hello,
I come to you for information about the JANDS HOG 1000 lighting console that I saw on your website.
Here on Controlbooth there are great professionals and they will certainly be able to inform me.
I just inherited this console in perfect condition but don't know how to make it work because I'm a sound technician and not a lighting designer.
It is an old light console but according to the information I could find on the web, it was a reference, and I also saw that it is still used and rented by many service providers for theaters and concerts despite his great age! It's incredible but so great Canadian quality !
Could you tell me under which windows version it works ?
I saw that there is a floppy disk drive but did not find in my uncle's estate the floppy disk which should allow it to be initialized... tell me more!
Thanks a lot for your help!
Best regards
Eric MORATA
Music Partners Organization France.
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back