The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

hog 3pc and virtualizers

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by joey91, May 27, 2009.

1. joey91

joey91 Member

hi all, i am new to controlbooth. i am a highschool senior and have worked all my life with expression. i really want to learn about moving light control but my school does not have the facilities/money for that.

i have already downloaded both hog 2pc and 3pc, and have been playing with them for some time, following along with the manual. however, i can only assume i am doing things right cause i dont have it hooked up to any lights.

can someone please explain to me how i would go about setting up a virtualizer/wysiwyg program (which programs i can get and are most affordable--im not that rich :). thanks a bunch.

also, is there a difference between "virualizers" and "wysiwyg"?

2. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

Start with the CB wiki entry WYSIWYG, which is one brand of visualizer. Few are free, or even inexpensive.

I might recommend MA Lighting's grandMA onPC and grandMA 3D.

3. joey91

joey91 Member

thanks for the info. i will try the grand MA.

i am also interested in learning with the Hogs though...the rental company that works with the school has all Hog stuff, so if i ever am to do a high school thing with moving lights, it would probably have to be hog.

thanks again for the help!

4. JChenault

JChenault Well-Known Member

I believe that ESP Vision provides a demo rig that is supported by the hog. You can download the demo rig on one computer, set up your moving light control on a second, and play to your heart's content as long as you don't try to modify the rig.