Hog 500 and MAC 250 Entours

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a Hog 500 with four MAC 250 Entours for a show at my college. The designer would like at one point in the show for a rotating gobo to slow down. Seems simple enough to put in a fade time in the "Gobo<>" field, but the speed change still happens instantaneously no matter what I try. Any help or ideas to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Is it the gobo spinning during the scene or changing on a wheel.

If you want it to slow down while spinning wheel down the gobo mod function.

Thanks for replying!

Its spinning. Just wheeling down the gobo does work, but that means I would have to do it every night (which is an option I guess).

I am wondering how to have it slow down in a cue, like a fade in intensity.

In cuelist where gobo is spinning grab gobo spin with its wheel and slow down spin rate. When you get to correct rate record subsequent cue. In cue timing put desired rate change time period (2 sec, 3 sec ect.), Make sure the path of the cue is linear.

In cuelist where gobo is spinning grab gobo spin with its wheel and slow down spin rate. When you get to correct rate record subsequent cue. In cue timing put desired rate change time period (2 sec, 3 sec ect.)

thank you. That is the procedure that I took, although I am only modifying the time on the gobo rotation (Gobo <>). Modifying the gobo rotation field does the same to the Beam field. There is another field called "gobor" which I'm unsure of which didnt seem to do anything either.

That's probably gobo rotate. I know the lcd's on the pallates are hard to read on 500/1000. Do you have a monitor?. You should be able to move the beam pallate to that monitor to see what's actually in the pallate (all the words). Gobo Rotate refers to non-spinning gobos thay you orient using this attribute.

Hit monitor, select beam in the LCD command line monitor and then us the screen move buttons that are one the upper right of the programmer (left arrow, double left arrow, right arrow, double right arrow.) this works on the 1k though its been awhile so I hope I'm accurate

Preface: I use a Hog 500. If you have tracking on and all you change for the subsequent cue is the rotation speed of the gobo, you can just change the timing for all and not have to worry about which field to change the timing for. The only thing that is recorded to the cue anyway is the rotation speed change. Try this, it will save you alot of headaches.

That's probably gobo rotate. I know the lcd's on the pallates are hard to read on 500/1000. Do you have a monitor?. You should be able to move the beam pallate to that monitor to see what's actually in the pallate (all the words). Gobo Rotate refers to non-spinning gobos thay you orient using this attribute.
Hit monitor, select beam in the LCD command line monitor and then us the screen move buttons that are one the upper right of the programmer (left arrow, double left arrow, right arrow, double right arrow.) this works on the 1k though its been awhile so I hope I'm accurate

Yes, I do have an external monitor and you are quite accurate on how to select different views. The 500 and 1k are exactly the same except for the menu banks the 1k has.

Do you believe this is a problem with the fixture library? I do not think the MAC 250 profile came with the board and was created by the rental company we got the board from.

A fade on the gobo speed should be the board figuring that out and not a personality setting on the fixture that is incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back