Hog II PC tutorial

soundlight

Please don't jump on me for starting a new thread for this, the last one a long while back came to no resolution after two replies, so I'm gonna start a new one here.

Does anyone know of a tutorial for Hog II/Hog II PC? I will be using Hog II PC (take the offline editor and plug in the Hog USB-DMX box, and bam - you've got a PC console) to create the annual department light show this fall, and the folks that knew how to use it haven't had time to teach it to the new guys (me and a sophomore) because we've had to deal with 8 major productions this year, making it one of the tightest seasons ever. And one of them was a musical, so that took up alot of time.

Every fall (starting last year or the year before), the theater department does a light show using our Obsession for conventionals, Hog II PC to control the four or five or six working intellabeams (depending on the year, the number of working fixtures changes), and possibly the I-cues this next year. It's all sync'd to a music track with SFX, and run of Remote Desktop to the computer in the booth. One push of one go button - the huge SFX go button - and the whole four minute or so show goes.

So, long story short, I'll be using Hog II PC this fall and would like to know if there is a tutorial for it so that I don't have to spend all summer dissecting the manual.

Sorry to say that the manual is the best place to hit first. The opening sections of the manual detail how to -basically- get up and go. You're best off just trying to plow through that for now.

The manual's spectacular. I ran a Hog II for the talent show, having little to no experience with intel consoles (the Maxxyz practically ran itself), and I figured out pretty much everything just reading the manual. It's great, at times funny even, and really easy to use.

Yeah the manual really is great. I came in never having spoken hog before and after a few reads through important sections felt very very comfortable with it. The HogOS is incredibly powerful and easy, simply awesome.

Also, don't get daunted by it's "size" in page numbers. It goes by really fast, just make sure you have a word document open to take notes (CHASES, page 78) and the Hog2PC application running. If PC doesn't fit on your screen, I'd suggest upping your resolution, it makes a big difference.

I've got the HogII manual and the HogIIPC manual in a binder together, with sticky flags for notes in the manual, and a page in front to write notes.

And HogIIPC fits in my screen with room to spare, which is nice. (1400x1050 helps!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back