Hog Update

EBB

So I haven't ever had this issue before. I tried to update a Road Hog to a newer version of the software from 3.1.1 to the newest version. But when I attempted to update it gave me a message saying it wasn't compatible software. I attempted it again using 3.1.2, since it was the version right after the current one, but I recieved the same message. I checked downloaded everything off of the hog library on the site and followed all the instructions. And I have done this before.. so it's weird that I've never seen this before now. Anyone have any suggestions or helpful advice? especially since High End hasn't called me back since I attempted it.

My thoughts are that I am probably going to go ahead and get a new hard drive and give it a clean install since it looks like it has some drink stain on it and on parts of the board. So if you ever have to deal with Neon Trees lighting guy, you can tell him not to spill a beer in your console.

Did you download HOG PC? or did you download the image?
I would try again with the image, and make sure you are on the road hog site, and not the full boar site. (unless you have a full boar)

I downloaded both pieces of software from the Flying Pig Systems support page. Both versions were for the Wholehog 3 Upgrade. Not clean install or iPC.

Plus, isn't the Full Boar using the same software anyways? Because the Wholehog 3.x.x is compatible for Road Hog, Full Boar and Hog 3. Right? Because I want to say they are all on the same build versions and whatnot.

I know hog 3 runs Linux, road hog and full boar run windows. The road hog has all of the networking support in windows stripped out compared to the full boar. I would call high end and ask for brad Schiller or Mitch peables.

So I haven't ever had this issue before. I tried to update a Road Hog to a newer version of the software from 3.1.1 to the newest version. But when I attempted to update it gave me a message saying it wasn't compatible software. I attempted it again using 3.1.2, since it was the version right after the current one, but I recieved the same message. I checked downloaded everything off of the hog library on the site and followed all the instructions. And I have done this before.. so it's weird that I've never seen this before now. Anyone have any suggestions or helpful advice? especially since High End hasn't called me back since I attempted it.

My thoughts are that I am probably going to go ahead and get a new hard drive and give it a clean install since it looks like it has some drink stain on it and on parts of the board. So if you ever have to deal with Neon Trees lighting guy, you can tell him not to spill a beer in your console.

If you try to go from anything before 3.1.8 to anything at or after 3.2.2, you will get that error. Anything recent is going to require the newest XPe Image (1.8.2). Before you upgrade the software, perform a full install of the newest XPe image and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

Road Hog Downloads

PS- I recommend upgrading to 3.2.2, not the newest edition (3.2.3). After 2 crashed shows and hours on the phone with my vendor and Hog support, I have downgraded back to 3.2.2. You aren't missing much. There aren't really any cool new features on the newest software- unless of course, you are into file corruption and frozen shows...

Good Luck!

If you try to go from anything before 3.1.8 to anything at or after 3.2.2, you will get that error. Anything recent is going to require the newest XPe Image (1.8.2). Before you upgrade the software, perform a full install of the newest XPe image and see if that doesn't fix your problem.

Road Hog Downloads

PS- I recommend upgrading to 3.2.2, not the newest edition (3.2.3). After 2 crashed shows and hours on the phone with my vendor and Hog support, I have downgraded back to 3.2.2. You aren't missing much. There aren't really any cool new features on the newest software- unless of course, you are into file corruption and frozen shows...

Good Luck!

To update from 3.1.x, when updating the XPe image, you have to do a complete wipe - if you preserve shows, it will not work. Found that out the hard way by reading release notes of entire 3.2.x series - they only mentioned that for 3.2.0.

Well I tried the version straight after our current one, which was 3.1.1 to 3.1.2. But that didn't work at all. But I am thinking of telling them to just get a new hard drive and do a clean install with the condition of the console.

Well I tried the version straight after our current one, which was 3.1.1 to 3.1.2. But that didn't work at all. But I am thinking of telling them to just get a new hard drive and do a clean install with the condition of the console.

Just my 2 cents- I think you should perform a complete and clean install of v3.2.2. There are instructions on the download page. Backup all your show files and when it asks you if you want to keep them, say no. I would bet that there is nothing wrong with your hard drive. But, do what you want. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back