HOG WIDGET

ANDYJAMES

Has anyone used one of these HOGS ??
I have downloaded the HOG 3PC and had great help with the free software to control my Roboscan pro 918s
and been advised to buy one of these HOGS usb dmx widget

Unless you are working with a bunch of people that are using HogIII consoles, there is no point in buying a hog widget. Buy a 150 dollar open DMX pro widget and run Chamsys MagicQ. You get in my opinion a more powerful console for a lot lower cost. Take the same money you would spend on a HogIII widget and buy a wing.

Unless you are working with a bunch of people that are using HogIII consoles, there is no point in buying a hog widget. Buy a 150 dollar open DMX pro widget and run Chamsys MagicQ. You get in my opinion a more powerful console for a lot lower cost. Take the same money you would spend on a HogIII widget and buy a wing.

Aye ????
I have had a look briefly on the website ... do they have the "wheels" that allows pan tilt and scan freedom like the HOG PC3?
I am all up for advice
Does it support ROBOSCAN pro 918????

Aye ????
I have had a look briefly on the website ... do they have the "wheels" that allows pan tilt and scan freedom like the HOG PC3?
I am all up for advice
Does it support ROBOSCAN pro 918????

You can download the software for free from the web site. Yes, there are virtual wheels in the software. The interface is exactly like their physical console. There is a bit of a learning curve so if you're used to Hog programming or need to have a Hog rig available for guest LD's the Hog3PC might be the way to go. I have a couple of Chamsys dongles and send them out with cheap laptops for small gigs. It works very well but is hard to busk a show without a fader wing (see next post)...

Oh, and yes, there are two modes of the Pro918 (14 and 16 channels).

PS what does the "wing" do ?? are you on about the High End Systen wing???

A wing is just a piece of hardware to expand your system in various ways. It can be a playback wing which is geared more for playing back scenes and usually is based around mainly faders. There's also a record wing that will typically have wheels and other tools for making recording scenes easier. Then there are various other types in between.

To expand the definition a little, a wing connects up to the main controller and is designed to make running that controller easier. A wing typically does not work by itself. The two main wing types are programming wings, which often have encoder wheels (for pan and tilt, focus, etc.) and buttons which facilitate saving ques quickly; and playback wings, which are designed to access, run, and modify those previously saved cues. Wings are not necessary for the operation of the controller. USB Programming Wing - Wholehog III - Controllers - Products - High End Systems
Martin Maxxyz Spreads its Wings - Lighting&Sound America Online - News
MA Lighting: Control / grandMA2 full-size[parent_gruppe]=233&tx_lightpowerpdb_pi1[produkt_id]=4654&cHash=9044cd09e9fb5be320bc246c90bcee2d

Most wings are only compatible with the software/hardware of the same manufacturer, although there are likely some exceptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back