HogII Profiles?

cbrandt

To revisit an old topic, anyone out there still able to generate hogII profiles? The downloader for the library generator seems to be dead.

What fixtures are you looking for? I've made a ton in Notepad in the past and may have one similar enough that I can just tweak to send to you. Everything from VL3500s to Clay Paky B-Eyes and Sharpys to Chauvet Rogues to Martin Rush Pars.

It appears to still be available here; Denis is just asking for a donation before making the download available (although a pretty quick ControlBooth search did find a post where Footer included the zip file).

Best,
John

I know at least one of them is a chinese nothing brand. That one I'll have to write from scratch. Got any pointers? Another one is an Elation Powerspot 250.

If you open up a library file in notepad you'll find it's pretty easy to understand. I find it quicker to do in notepad than the library generator since I've done so many. I often copy many of the attributes from other fixtures, so for instance just select the entire block of code for 16 bit RGBW parameters, copy it, and drop it in to the spot where I'm making my new fixture. Same thing with dim, pan, tilt, &c.

Why is it required to be in Hog 2? Is that the only platform the LD is familiar with? Or did someone just get stuck with a Hog 1K?

Ouch...I'd actually take a Hog 1000 over a Hog 2 any day of the week if possible - the Hog 1000 is at least mostly stable and has more faders. And for volunteers the direct access buttons would be easier.

Oh well, good luck with that. If you need help troubleshooting personalities let me know. There are some tricks to getting it to work and getting the library file to even load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back