Home Location of a moving Light

BHS

I'm running a Chauvet Intimidator 355z IRC on an ETC Element Console. The way the fixture is mounted when you put the control in the center the light points at the ceiling. Does anybody know a way that you can change this position so it homes to the center of the stage?

While I'm not sure about the details on that spot, lots allow you to manually define an offset through the menu so you can change the position.

While I'm not sure about the details on that spot, lots allow you to manually define an offset through the menu so you can change the position.
Ok Thanks. We just purchased the light and I have not had a ton of time to mess with it. I read through the whole user manual but it does not give any instructions.

Make sure the pan/tilt restrictions are not active. I suggest resetting the fixture back to factory defaults before continuing so you can start from a clean slate [you will obviously need to re-address the fixture afterwards because this will clear that info as well]. Make sure TOTEM MODE is also not active [settings menu should say OFF] and give it another whirl. Also note that the 'home position' of the fixture is when pan & tilt values are 000 which means the head will point down [or up depending on how you have mounted it]. In other words, it does not default to 128/128 like some fixtures do.

Some of the Chauvets have "invert" in their menus for when you flip the fixture. On most Chauvets, 0,0 P/T twists the fixture full one direction and usually tilted toward the base. Not too useful, but without an offset option, dark cues are your answer.
My trick was to set a dark cue (location but blacked out) before each run cue. Unless, you want to see the sweep. In the end, it's all just numbers.

You can change the home position on an Element. Other Eos consoles have a preset feature that makes this easier but it's very possible on an Element.
  1. Go to the Fixtures profile list from Patch.
  2. Copy the stock library profile that you are currently using.
  3. Edit it as desired, and maybe give is a smarter name.
This works great if you have lots of units doing the same thing (inverted, sideways, FOH) but is a pain for one time odd ball mountings or pointing everything to center center. I often use it to set LEDs to a home color of black for manual mixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back