Homemade mirrorball rotater

Status
Not open for further replies.

jongaduet

anybody ever made a mirrorball rotater? seems like is might be easy. I've seen the record player version, wondering if anyone else has rigged something like this up...

thanks

What with Mirror ball motor prices being what they are...... I guess you could rig up something, but why ?

What with Mirror ball motor prices being what they are...... I guess you could rig up something, but why ?

Ditto. Unless it was a 48" mirror ball, in which case it would weigh a couple hundred pounds and need something rated for that weight anyway.

Ditto. Unless it was a 48" mirror ball, in which case it would weigh a couple hundred pounds and need something rated for that weight anyway.

Double ditto, which brings me to my second concern which raises the CB TOS; You are essentially talking about creating a rigging apparatus. While Mirror ball rotators may seem flimsy they are designed with an intended purpose, Build your own and it drops a ball on somebodies head..... Ouch !

Double ditto, which brings me to my second concern which raises the CB TOS; You are essentially talking about creating a rigging apparatus. While Mirror ball rotators may seem flimsy they are designed with an intended purpose, Build your own and it drops a ball on somebodies head..... Ouch !

Yea, you could really drop the ball....
:doh:

anybody ever made a mirrorball rotater?

I have to echo Van here. We really can't tell you how to do this.

The users of ControlBooth, in a effort to police themselves, have evolved the following: No discussion of "how-to" of rigging, pyrotechnics, human flight, stunt falls, weapons and electrical will be permitted. Our stock answer to these questions is always "Consult a qualified professional."
But, as others have pointed out, they are inexpensive. Just check with any thratrical supply house in your area.

Thread closed.

Additional Comment from Gafftaper: (The thread's closed and it's easier for me to insert a comment than reopen and post.) I Just wanted to point out that I Googled "mirror ball motor" and found a Chauvet Mirror Ball motor for $8 with a 25 lb weight capacity. This is one time that there's no reason to do it yourself. There are safe options avialable very cheeply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back