House Light Recommendations

urban79

Ok, so I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for although I'm positive I've seen it covered. What are the current recommendations for LED house light fixtures? I'm in an existing theatre space that is incandescent, and just beginning to make recommendations. I don't have a budget yet, as it will likely end up being a capital project expense (gut feeling). I know things change often, but I'd like to have some idea of what to expect, or what I should look at!

Thanks!

Chris

There's quite a few choices. If I could just choose one, I'd go to ETCs ARC system. Especially nice if there is infrastructure because you can use it to power and use the wireless version.

After that, I've had best fortune with Accuity's Incito line. Kind of depends on height and spacing and layout. Altman and Chauvet both make a house light with good color and dimming. We used Strand PL freenels at Alley Theatre and their fine.

You really want DMX control with RDM, and look at a sample in the space to judge glare - a problem with many. I think more and more color will be desirable as simply another option to use, as long as it does produce a good white.

Also consider Elation has a nice pendant house light full color or white, wireless dmx, white or back body. The color mix version looks as good as the warm white, lots of lens options.

I think @sk8rsdad hit it dead center.

I've found that architectural lighting companies have figured out good dimming, if you pay for it. They call it <1% dimming. They also generally come in cheaper and brighter than the theatrical companies. Few do multi-color fixtures but that too is changing very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back