House light solution!

lwinters630

We finally came up with a solution to replace the house lights in our gymatorium for our church. We used the Elation Fuze Pendant . We had great support from Robert Mentele with Elation. He took our room sizes and trim height and did a full rendering. This assured us of getting even coverage throughout the space.

See the attached pictures and rejoice with me.

IMG_2431.jpg
IMG_2429.jpg
IMG_2430.jpg

It looks great!
What are the dimensions of the space and how many fixtures did it take?
@JonCarter and @microstar , I hope this helps. The space is 110'x70' Trim from fixture to floor is 22' We used 34 fixtures. We intentionally did not put 4 fixtures in front of the stage, nor 2 fixtures by the thrust tech booth. All lights are aproximatly 14' apart and starting about 8' from the walls. You will notice the dark area in Elation's Photometric drawing, this was an intentional design so as not to spill on the video screen, and also saved the cost of a few fixtures. I also included the rigging layout.

Control is 1 universe with fixtures set to 17 ch extended mode ( yes the back row has 4 fixtures on the same address. ) They are controlled from out vista console services / events and also by ETC Echo touch pads for general use. Echo needed to be in one universe. Routing is through a Ethernet to a 4 port node. Then the lights are split into 4 dmx daisy runs. Therefore each fixture can be individually controlled.
We just finished the hang so I don't have light meter reading at the floor, but I can tell you that we will only be running them at about 75% as they are bright with all colors and lime plus white in the mix.

I have attached some snap shots of the prints that should help. ( I haven't ask for permission to share the full prints)

Attachments

• Blackberry Church_Fuze Pendant_Photometric Report.pdf
    406.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Trim hieght profile.JPG
    Trim hieght profile.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 185
  • spacing and patch.JPG
    spacing and patch.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 188
  • Pendant riging.JPG
    Pendant riging.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 186
So glad this turned out well! Pictures look great!!

Thanks very much for the live service photos. Judging by the patterns on the walls the coverage looks very even both at floor level and head height.

I'm surprised to see the quick links oriented the way they are in the drawings. In the rare event that I use quick links, I orient them "pointing down" so that gravity can never open them. Maybe I'm just being pedantic about the drawing...

We finally came up with a solution to replace the house lights in our gymatorium for our church. We used the Elation Fuze Pendant . We had great support from Robert Mentele with Elation. He took our room sizes and trim height and did a full rendering. This assured us of getting even coverage throughout the space.

See the attached pictures and rejoice with me.

View attachment 23728View attachment 23729View attachment 23730
I have really enjoyed watching their brand evolve. They currently have some fantastic offerings at a great price point.

This looks fantastic and gives me some great ideas!

Looks great. During covid we switched all the house lights in both venues here to the ETC ArcSystem (FTW). Been working great for our uses.
I really like the FUZE though, they look amazing.

What is the ceiling height? What is the fixture trim height? What is the fixture spacing? Are the fixtures individually controlled? Have you any intensity evenness data at floor level? At 5' above floor level?
@JonCarter the center areas are 48-50 fc and the perimeter is 38-40 fc. in general with full "white" meaning all RGBWL colors on we usually only run it at 50-60%. When using other colors I have to take the white and lime down a bit to increase the saturation. I really love these!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back