House staff to patron ratio question

Lextech

Subject asks most of it. Can anyone point me to documentation or give me your working numbers on how to determine usher to guest ratios. We have had some questions and I need a little information to present to the people asking.

Thanks.

Look up "crowd manager" requirements in your jurisdiction. In mine, one is required for every 250 occupants in clubs and bars and such - A2 and A3 assemblies. Not required for fixed seating style venues. Training is required. This is sort of different from how many crowd managers and ushers would be a good idea, but at least a starting point for bare minimum. Beyond that, enough to cover each aisle and have eyes on the whole house and lobby and perhaps parking lot.

Look up "crowd manager" requirements in your jurisdiction. In mine, one is required for every 250 occupants in clubs and bars and such - A2 and A3 assemblies. Not required for fixed seating style venues. Training is required. This is sort of different from how many crowd managers and ushers would be a good idea, but at least a starting point for bare minimum. Beyond that, enough to cover each aisle and have eyes on the whole house and lobby and perhaps parking lot.
@Lextech and @Colin Posting in agreement with above plus mentioning balconies and associated upper level lobbies and bars as appropriate. In many jurisdictions you'll find the bureaucracy controlling alcohol and liquor sales will likely have stricter regulations in place than your Fire Marshals.
Posting from north of Donald's walls.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back