Mixers/Consoles How can I open an LS9 Console File (.L9A) in LS9 Editor? (Same issue with M7CL Console File (.M7C))

calmartine1

I've got two places I work at, and I take backups of the consoles I use just in case. There's an LS9 and an M7CL.

I know that I can open the .L9A files or the .M7C files using the actual consoles, but I don't know how to access these files using the LS9 Editor app and the M7CL Editor app on my mac. Is there a way to convert these to .YSE (the "Editor File" format) or just open the console files using the Editor apps some other way?

IIRC the Editor required Yamaha Studio Manager (at least to "talk" to the consoles), and I think that is where one made the selection to Save As console or editor files.

It's been too long since I've needed to do this and the memories have been purged. Wish I could offer more help.

IIRC the Editor required Yamaha Studio Manager (at least to "talk" to the consoles), and I think that is where one made the selection to Save As console or editor files.

It's been too long since I've needed to do this and the memories have been purged. Wish I could offer more help.
Ah. I think this may end up a case of incompatible equipment since there's just not much of anything from Yamaha post-2013ish. All I could get installed as far as studio manager was a .plugin file buried in my application support folder that isn't much good without an actual application file.

I am however able to save files from the editor as a console file, which I could transfer to the consoles themselves, but I think if I want to open or modify the existing ones it has to be done on the desk.

Thanks for your help.

I have both pieces of the LS9 stuff installed on one of my desks, but I'm gonna be in the other house all week.

If you're not pressed for time I'd be happy to look into it in a week or so.

I've got two places I work at, and I take backups of the consoles I use just in case. There's an LS9 and an M7CL.

I know that I can open the .L9A files or the .M7C files using the actual consoles, but I don't know how to access these files using the LS9 Editor app and the M7CL Editor app on my mac. Is there a way to convert these to .YSE (the "Editor File" format) or just open the console files using the Editor apps some other way?
After starting Studio Manager and choosing the proper console, choose to open a session, at the bottom of the file browser you should find the option to open either an Editor file or a Console file. Saving should offer the same choices.

After starting Studio Manager and choosing the proper console, choose to open a session, at the bottom of the file browser you should find the option to open either an Editor file or a Console file. Saving should offer the same choices.
Is there an install link for Studio Manager? I haven't been able to find one on Yamaha's site. I've just been running the two apps on their own.

Is there an install link for Studio Manager? I haven't been able to find one on Yamaha's site. I've just been running the two apps on their own.
I'm not sure what two apps you're running but everything you need can be found at the following URLs:

M7CL Firmware/Software

LS9 Firmware/Software

You will need "Studio Manager Host" that will use "M7CL/LS9 Editors" as something similar to plug-ins. If you desire MIDI interaction then you will also need "Network-MIDI Driver".

It's not simple/easy. Studio Manager is the 'traffic cop' that Yamaha designed more than 10 years ago, mostly for use in creation spaces. The console "editor" software runs UNDER that if you want it to connect to a live Yamaha mixer. Also remember that under the bonnet (thank you, UK!) everything Yamaha is (or was until recently) actually MIDI, so you'll be setting up MIDI device paths in both SM and Editor if you need to connect a mixer.

It's not simple/easy. Studio Manager is the 'traffic cop' that Yamaha designed more than 10 years ago, mostly for use in creation spaces. The console "editor" software runs UNDER that if you want it to connect to a live Yamaha mixer. Also remember that under the bonnet (thank you, UK!) everything Yamaha is (or was until recently) actually MIDI, so you'll be setting up MIDI device paths in both SM and Editor if you need to connect a mixer.
so, I found a little workaround. I was able to find a Studio Manager install file for windows and use boot camp to get a windows 10 iso set up on an external drive, and I can just boot my mac to it when I need to run apps. It’s been working for a couple days, so I think i’ll run with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back