How can I reproduce this lighting effect

Can anybody suggest how I could recreate the lighting effect projected onto the tent fabric? Doesn't seem like a gobo to me.

bigapplecircus.jpg

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attra...humbnailMinWidth=50&cnt=30&offset=-1&filter=7

Many Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm... 8 Christie 22k's rigged to tent masts in the middle of the space with Coolux media servers and a really good projections team????

Being a little less snarky, what do you mean by reproduce?

Are you trying to match this texture on a 1000 seat tent ceiling or a traditional theatre cyc or what?? I agree it's probably projection, but this effect probably could be done in the tent with glass gobos. I would even bet with several lights layered ontop of each other you could satisfyingly produce a similar look with metal gobo's in source 4's on a cyc or light colored floor. The problem you might run into is that many theatres don't have the shot to product this effect on a backdrop behind all of the scenery and actors without undesirable shadows.

What you are seeing is smoke/fog/haze. If you scroll through the pictures you will run across some that are blue with a gobo little bit out of focus put that side by side of the preshow pictures and you will see. The Photographer just got a really good picture at the beginning.

Any moving light with two gobo wheels can do it as long as one of them is glass... layer the gobos and then run them in different directions, if the light has an animation wheel like the Mac 700, that is a bonus.

I had a feeling it might be one of those glass gobos. Can you recommend which one would provide the closest result and with what metal gobo?
Many Thanks,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back