How do I get a custom gobo from Apollo?

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
So, I've never actually bought a custom gobo for my own uses before. How exactly do I go about doing this? Is there an ideal person over there to contact besides the general "sales" email? Do I have to purchase through a dealer (like Rosco) or can I buy direct?

I found the artwork specifications on the website, which is helpful. I"m sure I can figure the rest out but wouldn't mind some pointers on the process.

They got an app for that don’t they?

It’s on the forums somewhere.

It's pretty easy. I ordered from a vendor (maybe BMI or Full Compass) because it's easier for my school since I don't think Apollo is registered as a vendor us at the moment. Once the PO went through, I got an email from their art department and submitted my artwork. They sent a proof (IIRC) and after a period of time they shipped me a GOBO. It was just basic text for a backdrop for our annual "Prism" winter concert, but it was pretty straightforward.

Thanks everyone.

What’s the turn around time like on a custom steel gobo?

So, I've never actually bought a custom gobo for my own uses before. How exactly do I go about doing this? Is there an ideal person over there to contact besides the general "sales" email? Do I have to purchase through a dealer (like Rosco) or can I buy direct?

I found the artwork specifications on the website, which is helpful. I"m sure I can figure the rest out but wouldn't mind some pointers on the process.

There's a company here in Reno that produces custom-cut gobos (and does a VERY nice job): N&N Productions - website below.

http://www.brassgobos.com/

Turn around with Apollo is lightning fast. Usually 24hrs once artwork is approved I think. Rosco takes longer, and then it ships from California so I tell people to expect a week or so.

Apollo is in Indiana, so if you had it direct shipped, you would get it next day.

Yes you need to order from a dealer . We at Norcostco sell them regularly. Shipping is faster than you would imagine. 2-3 days is the standard answer for manufacturing time, but they generally ship the day of order if it's early in the day. I don't know where you are but 3 day shipping is about $15; 2 day about $25 and overnight about $30 - $35. For fastest service, email your dealer (or us) with the artwork and size of gobo. If it is not A or B I recommend you also specify what fixture . Then call with your credit card information and you will have it in the time frame you choose. Quick and easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back