How many techs does it take to change a lightbulb?

Zero. It is impossible to change a lightbulb, You must replace the entire lamp.

Only one but it has to want to be changed!

Our House Lights.

A crew of seven, a whole high school custodial staff, and a ton of district workers. But the lights are still not changed since January.

High school is so much fun. LOL

It's not just HS's...I've got House lights that facilities has to change that have been out since December.

allways fun our crew tends to do most of it cause we get tired of waiting for a normal incandesent light bulb to be changed

Or better yet, how many highschool crew members does it take to build a doorframe?

Eight crew kids and two hours. Oh the good times...

It's not just HS's...I've got House lights that facilities has to change that have been out since December.

Grog - we have lights that burned out nearly 20 years ago and they ahve never been replaced as there is no way to reach them. Only the architect in his glory could explain why you would put lights in an area complete inaccessible to EVERYONE - go figure. We even tried to rapel down and couldn't because of the overhang. Crazy, crazy people from the 60's!

Apparently one time to replace the lights in my theatre we hired a guy to do it, and our house lights are only accessible from the underside. He strapped him self to the I-Beams and basically jumped off the cat walk and swung under the clouds to get to the lights. I wonder if OHSHA would approve...

Apparently one time to replace the lights in my theatre we hired a guy to do it, and our house lights are only accessible from the underside. He strapped him self to the I-Beams and basically jumped off the cat walk and swung under the clouds to get to the lights. I wonder if OHSHA would approve...

I think it would depend in fall protection was used..

House light burn out, I change them end of story. If I called facilities, it could take months and they would charge an arm and a leg to do it. As a lighting guy, I take it upon myself to ensure that all the lights in the space and lobby work.

the custodial staff at my HS change the burnt out ones every couple months or so. They just use a big 30 ft stick with a cup on the end. It's a pretty cool thing to watch, actually.

the custodial staff at my HS change the burnt out ones every couple months or so. They just use a big 30 ft stick with a cup on the end. It's a pretty cool thing to watch, actually.
We have something like that.
proxy.php

"Change lamps/ lightbulbs? How do you do that?"

That's about the response we get from maintnance. I once asked somebody to replace a couple of flourescents and they told me they'd have to call an electrician! I then asked for the bulbs so I could do it (aka make an assistant do it since I was trying to set-up 2 seperate shows in 2 theatres at the time). She told me she didn't know where they were! What a useless idiot. This was in a room with an 8 foot celing. I don't know how the auditorium ones get changed as it has not been done in the time I've been here.

I once had a volunteer shock himself 4 times trying to remove a flourescent bulb though. He wasn't too bright-- I tried to explain curcuits to him and he stared at me with a blank expression.

In my theater we have a place to hang some lights right in front of the light booth, to power these lights we have long extension cable that through the ceiling and a long side our cat walk system, which plug into two dimmers plugs.

With that confusing description done. During a Talent show that I was the LD/OP for the two lights I hung there weren't working. Me and my friend spent 20 minutes looking trying various trouble shooting, till I deiced to see if they were plugged in and it turned out that someone must have tripped over the cables and plugged them into a couple of unused dimmers. That and the right dimmer was missing a number. (Its was Dimmer 13, but was missing the three.)

I felt an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back