How to: Irregular Flickering Effects using Martin MPC

MattM247

Dear all

I Have been Scrolling through this site and I am so glad to have stumbled upon a wealth of resources!

I am a South African theatre director as well as a technical coordinator for a Theatre-Lab (belonging to a College). I am putting on Pinter's 'The Dumb Waiter' next year and hope anyone with experience could help me with a simple query.

I am rigging a tungsten witches hat supported by RUSH Cans and ETC Source Fours. When the dumb waiter is operated, I want to try and create a pulsing 'dip' in the lights. There will be a flickering of the witches hat accompanying this dip. I was hoping to create a naturalistic irregular tempo and spikes in intensity (if that makes sense) with this flicker instead of than the consistent intensities and speeds M PC generally gives me in their FX module.

I have a Martin Touch board which will allow my operator to flicker the light with an override bank live, but I was hoping to rather program a cue to have this irregular flicker. Does anyone have any experience in programming this?

Thank you in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back