How to turn on master faders

Massey28694

Morning all! Running a new Element 2, but the master playback controls appear to be turned off. These are the 2 master faders and the large button above them, which I’m assuming is the blackout. Have read documentation where these keys can be activated in settings, but for the life of me, I do not see anything related to turning these settings on/off. I can contact ETC, but you guys usually give faster responses! Thanks for the advice!

The Master Playback Controls are not configurable as a blackout fader - these are for control of whatever content you have loaded to them.

To configure a fader as a grandmaster:
  1. Open the fader controls tab (tab 36). Either by holding the tab half moon key, and typing 36, then releasing the tab half moon key, or clicking the add-a-tab "+" and looking for the "Fader Config" option.
  2. Along the top you will see a drop down box that says "Fader Page 1" - click this and select which fader page you'd like to assign the grandmaster to
  3. Click where it says "S ###"
  4. Underneath where it says "Target", click where it says "Sub"
  5. Click "Grandmaster"
Congrats, you've successfully assigned a fader to be a grandmaster!

Just a thought..... if you had called ETC Tech Support, you would have had your answer within 15 minutes of the time it took to post!
They're the best. Just sayin':)

Though, to be fair, I'm sure the lovely person assigned to carry that phone around this past weekend appreciated not getting a call early on a Saturday morning... :) While they will absolutely try to help anyone who calls, it's kindest to only call after-hours if you really need an immediate response.

Though, to be fair, I'm sure the lovely person assigned to carry that phone around this past weekend appreciated not getting a call early on a Saturday morning... :) While they will absolutely try to help anyone who calls, it's kindest to only call after-hours if you really need an immediate response.
@Malabaristo It's neither ETC's first rodeo nor their first day at the BBQ; ETC is global, it's ALWAYS in the middle of some experienced employee's day somewhere.
Take them up on it: They've truly got this down to a pleasant, polite, polished and well honed art form. Please, NEVER hesitate to phone them.
Toodleoo!
Ron (They even talk to us up here north of Donald's walls) Hebbard

@Malabaristo It's neither ETC's first rodeo nor their first day at the BBQ; ETC is global, it's ALWAYS in the middle of some experienced employee's day somewhere.
Take them up on it: They've truly got this down to a pleasant, polite, polished and well honed art form. Please, NEVER hesitate to phone them.
Toodleoo!
Ron (They even talk to us up here north of Donald's walls) Hebbard

Just to complete the derailment of this thread... ETC does have global offices, but calls to the ETC Americas support line either go to the Middleton headquarters (during normal business hours) or to a cell phone (after hours) that is carried around by one of the regular Middleton employees on a rotating basis. They're all theatre people who understand the hours we keep and what it's like to have a problem an hour before curtain, so they're always available and willing to help. I would absolutely agree that one should not hesitate to call them.... if you need an immediate response.

But, if it can wait until Monday, not only is it kinder, but you'll also get the benefit of them having access to a full factory's worth of resources to help figure out your problem--rather than someone fumbling about in their kitchen making coffee while trying to remember the exact series of keystrokes without any gear in front of them.

I sincerely appreciate everyone’s advice on this. Some of you already know I’m pretty much a novice when it comes to stage lighting, but I usually get tasked with researching and acquiring instruments for our upgrade and figuring out how to get the full benefit from them. I have contacted ETC several times via email and their response time has been reasonable. I prefer email, as I will often need to forward info on over to our lighting designer, head of our lighting team. Although I have limited contact with ETC, I must say their techs will often talk way over my head. If I ask a question in here, you guys live this stuff daily and can give me the tried and true solutions and in such I way I can easily understand. I’ve said it before, ControlBooth has given me a great education in lighting and I’m grateful for it. Thanks again all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back